• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

War Thunder General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swaffy

I hear there are many here who play War Thunder, so I've decided to make a general thread about the game for us to post in. I guess I'll do the honors to start it off:

I've been playing WT since early Beta, and now I'm researching tier 4 and tier 5 planes (late-war props and jets) in all nations. I have made a few funny (or just nerdy) YouTube videos about the game, and even something such as this ...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIWSwHgimAo[/video]

Sir Apple

Perhaps this should merge with the other War Thunder thread :)

Anyway, I'm currently researching late war prop planes for England, Germany and America. I primarily only play USA and GB though (don't care much for German aircraft).

This weekend I actually started playing as USA again, I'm working on getting the third P-51, giving me a pretty solid US plane loadout, combined with P47s and such. It seems like they've finally fixed some of the flight model issues with the US aircraft, least wise the later tier planes like the P51 mustang fly great. Either way, I think I prefer 6-8 50. cals over cannons... they just shred planes up like swiss cheese :D

I'm the furthest along with the Brits, soon to be in jets. I haven't really played Russia or Japan too much.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I'm currently kicking ass as tier 1 russian and getting my ass kicked as tier 3 german.
And just as I am about to figure out how the game Works, how the plane behaves, I get my face smashed in a mountain.

I seriousely need to do a deeper investigation about key controlls, I need the mor dogfighting and dodging Mountains, but I want the mouse for precision.

I wish there was a way to make the keyboard ovveride the mouse instead of it being other way around.

Swaffy

I seriousely need to do a deeper investigation about key controlls, I need the mor dogfighting and dodging Mountains, but I want the mouse for precision.

I wish there was a way to make the keyboard ovveride the mouse instead of it being other way around.
I actually use keyboard controls with my mouse controls, and it helps more than you may expect. Especially in turn fights, or if you need to roll your plane over very quickly. I might make a video showing how to set this up properly.

Sir Apple

Yeah, I as well use the Keyboard with mouse. The game is designed this way, to be very keyboard & mouse friendly. Actually many people I've heard hate using joysticks with the game, least wise in arcade and realistic battles you don't need a joystick.

Swaffy

Sometimes my friends and I hop in a Custom Battle (unranked) and fight in cockpit view while using mouse aim. Let's just say we all look like 5-year-olds flying planes in circles and all over. The trees shoot us down more than ourselves.

Miller786

Sometimes my friends and I hop in a Custom Battle (unranked) and fight in cockpit view while using mouse aim. Let's just say we all look like 5-year-olds flying planes in circles and all over. The trees shoot us down more than ourselves.
LOL i did the same thing before getting into sim battles, try Sim battles its worth it! but not with mouse and keyboard if you dont wanna ruin your life

Sir Apple

Went on a 10 kill tear today in my Mustangs. This plane has quickly become my favorite in the game, even over the spitfires. Its just damn fun to fly with its speed and firepower. Actually I'm enjoying flying as USA once again as a whole, it feels more balanced then it did when I first started playing the game nearly a year ago.

Last edited:

Swaffy

I made this as a forum signature for the War Thunder forum:

Sir Apple

Really digging the Tanks in War Thunder. Its still pretty obvious that its in beta, but I can see how its going to be epic once fully implemented. :)

Luffy

You guys could add me if you want my name is SgtAce1944 I'm only on t2 planes lol I horrible at shooting people down due to russian planes or people ganging up on me

Sir Apple

^

The only bad thing in War thunder is the decals and newly added custom textures. On one hand, its sort of cool that the player can personalize their vehicle or plane to their liking. On the other hand, its pretty retarded to see a pink BF-109 flying by.

Its not common, but all the same I could do without :p

Last edited:

Koenigstiger

I think the same but honestly it's better this way because we don't have to pay for camouflage (and I'm sure users have made proper camo sets)

Meanwhile my BRwagen loaded with 50mm HuE

lol

BRwagen.jpg

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I have tried Warthunder Ground Forces, let's just say I won't be playing them for awhile.
I will keep an eye for future improvements, but for now it just isn't my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.