• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

War Thunder General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Apple

I started playing Realistic battles, after 270 hours I'm getting somewhat bored of arcade battles. It is definitely tricky to get used to realistic flight models and using actual engagement and combat tactics, and also knowing how to fly each plane and understand its strengths and weaknesses. However its rewarding when you finally get a burst into an enemy fighter, even scoring a kill! :)

Feldmeijer

I have to agree with that!
In my the RB mode offers so much more, and it allows you to exploit the plane's advantages way better than when playing Arcade. Even though I don't fly that much... *looks at Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf H*

Sir Apple

Yeah, realistic battles is basically a whole different game. Thats why I laugh at people who ***** about arcade... its not meant to be realistic, its just silly explosive fun :p If you want a more solid experience, realistic, and if daring enough, simulator battles are the way to go :)

Alex

Yeah I don't play much of aviation either. The only thing I can be really proud of is my Bf-109 G2/Trop.
Ground Forces is fun, but I can't play it for too long at one time. I'm trying to get the Panther II with that nightvision thingy on-top.

Sir Apple

lol Russia is so freaking OP, its pretty bad *looking at you Gaijin*

I started grinding up the Russian tree, and had 4 games in a row like this. I sort of feel like a troll when flying as Russia, to be honest. :p

RoflSeal

Uuhh, War Thunder such a mess currently. Especially the ground forces being a complete buggy mess.

I was testing with a friend the Su-85 vs Tiger. If you shoot at the drivers hatch or slightly below it, no real damage, sometimes driver absorb 88mm for glory of motherland. Shoot slightly to the right of the drivers hatch. One-shot every time. It doesn't make any sense.

And uhh the King Tiger.
Every shot destroys the cannon barrel and you have a 5 minute repair.

Also 122mm HE can destroy the first King Tiger if you shoot it in the drive wheel, even from the front.

Sir Apple

War Thunder isn't a mess, only Ground Forces, because its in Open Beta... its obviously going to be rough, buggy and etc. :p

Sir Apple

Pretty happy, the next patch will include three new US aircraft.

AJ-1 Savage
P-61 Blackwidow
A-1 Skyraider

:) The skyraider should be fun for ground attacks, and the black widow is a badass plane. A side note; the town that neighbors my hometown back home has a museum that is building what will be the only flying P-61 black widow, its been a few years since I've visited to see the progress though (moving accross the country and all... :p ).

Wenceslaus

Vanguard Backer
It is pity that ground forces in War Thunder are currectly so bugged, lacking good maps and so on. It is still fun though, you just have to take it as a relax and not competative or historical accurate game.

P.S. Even though i imagine simulator battles more like Steel Fury game :) Hope someday it will be.

RoflSeal

War Thunder isn't a mess, only Ground Forces, because its in Open Beta... its obviously going to be rough, buggy and etc. :p

The game is in a state of Permanent Open Beta so the devs can cover their incompetence/laziness at sorting out issues.

"Oh there is x problem along with problem y"

"Don't complain its beta"

siben

Great! More War Thunder fans, I play this game myself also, i have all propeller planes minus the La9. I also have a handfull of jets already. This game is the first game to get all my attention in many years. A easy to play flight sim was what i was waiting for for sooooo long.

Sir Apple

This game is the first game to get all my attention in many years.

Agreed! Its one of the few games that I consistently come back to and never grow tired of. I like it because it is great for competitive gameplay or some good silly fun after a long day :)

The upcoming content update should be great.

siben

It's on *shudders* console now isn't it?

Yes, PS4 if i am not mistaken, and they play in the same games as everyone else they say. Someone in game said that is there is a * in front of there name its a PS4 player.
All i found out so far is that they are terrible and team killers.

siben

Most are i think, i only play historical these days for aircraft and i rarely get tk'd. Maybe 3 times the past month. Every time completely pointless death when i was going back to my base to rearm.
The incompetence from time to time, it just does not compute in my head how they manage to screw up that much. unless they get a kick out of team killing somehow.

Koenigstiger

I honestly think there is a mental deficiency going around that effects these people and just must have missed us who actually want to play the game and work as a team :(

Status
Not open for further replies.