• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

War Thunder General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Apple

Yeah, keep in mind that its in Beta, so gameplay is a bit rough and clunky at times. Much like when the planes were introduced, but now they are pretty awesome and have seen great improvements. Its just part of the development phase.

Feldmeijer

^

The only bad thing in War thunder is the decals and newly added custom textures. On one hand, its sort of cool that the player can personalize their vehicle or plane to their liking. On the other hand, its pretty retarded to see a pink BF-109 flying by.

Its not common, but all the same I could do without :p

If I am to be correct the devs said that it would be client side, you will be the only person able to see your skins. ( I might be wrong there though)

Sir Apple

Perhaps you are right, but at the same time I've seen some pretty weird looking planes fly by me, so I don't know

Miller786

That's correct, only you can see your custom skins, sad thing but better than seeing sparvieros with red ferrari camoflage, some crazy guy on the italian forums wanted to make it 8|

Sir Apple

lol. Yea, last night I played in one of the B17s, and then switched to the F8-Bearcat.... feels funny :p

Sir Apple

lol, naw, the bearcat is just a little short and overweight ;)

I would say the D520 is quite funky lookin :p

Swaffy

Man I'm all for the heavy fighters/twin engines. I also like ground attackers like the IL-2 series and IL-10 series.

Just got my IL-10M (in-game as "IL-10 (1946)") and it's a love/hate relationship. Even though it has four 23mm cannons and a 20mm gunner, it has too much downward recoil and cannot destroy tanks due to a projectile bug (I think). Oh, and it flies like it's really heavy.

I have at least tier 4 in everything if anyone wants to fly. Don't worry, I enjoy just about every type of plane in every tier in the game (literally). So I'll fly Swordfish if you want or ram bombers in a Vampire FB.5 if that's your thing.

Sir Apple

There is an exclusive (lol) squadron that naga and I made a few months ago, you just need to bake us cookies to join :)

Status
Not open for further replies.