• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What do you think?

Playerbase

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Traction Wars will get a fair amount of players due to the free to play, amazing graphics and of course cool things. :)

I voted High, ultra seems a bit more of that cod type... :p

Gyps

Being free most will try it even if it just to see

So I think it should have a fairly high player base if it plays half as good as it looks it'll do well

It will need to get itself publisied near to release, but all they got to do is contact the games review sites and give them a version to test PC gamer has a mod & F2p Section if it gets promoted enough lots will try as everyone loves something for nothing

It depends on how TW are able to implement the promissed features, i think they have the potential to grab players from the games RO2, RO1 and FH2. Maybe they managed to merged the actually splitted wwII playerbase ;)

litchu

I think a lot of people don't even like the ww2 games, and most certainly ww2 realism ( none of my friends do at least ). Other than that the game looks much promosing and I hope alot of nice people will be joining our sides :)

Nic727

I put HIGH because I think I prefer a small and good community instead of having a big ammount of stupid people... Just watch all Battlefield before BF3 and the community since BF3.

thx

William

I put HIGH because I think I prefer a small and good community instead of having a big ammount of stupid people... Just watch all Battlefield before BF3 and the community since BF3.

thx
yes i agree but not to low lol

Miller

i picked high because traction wars is getting alot of people into their fan base, i can see this game getting allot of people playing this game when its released.

sHaKeNbAkE

I put "low" not because it doesn't have the potential to be a wonderful game but because it will take time and the right approach to bring players in. I think it will start out with a low player base and if promoted correctly through social media coupled with a strong game mechanics it has the potential to grow in numbers over time. I am anxious to pump out some media highlighting this game if it is done right. Cheers mates!

Sir Apple

Its sort of hard to say, and also depends on what "high" and "low" actually mean. As a developer of course I want a lot of people playing, I think it is possible to obtain a pretty solid playerbase upon release. Its just about promotion and getting the game out there, that is very important. Nobody will 'come to us', we have to put the time and effort into promoting the **** out of it. And the dev team knows this.

So far its not going too badly - we've shown a lot of news updates and progress this past year, so now we are focused on making the pretty content that will bring more people in! :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I've obviously gone for Ultra (mainly because Uber wasn't an option). It's early days but TWs is growing and I must say we have a wonderful community behind us :)

Roughbeak

It's thrilling to see that about every news update, at least 3 people sign up on these forums. Thanks for that. :)

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I voted high. But its gonna take alot of the community spreading the word about this game to hit that point.

You're absolutely right. The easily the biggest help the community can give to the game is to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook and just any about any other way you can think of (carried pigeon may be a bit unreliable).

Roughbeak

I think I did as much as I could - I spammed the FH2 762 Ranked servers about TW. :D ;)

And as always... I made a thread about TW in the PR forums. :)

Alex

I told my friends about this, got two to join so far and one thinking about it.
I put ultra high due to it's engine being attractive, the models look promising, so let's wish for the best! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.