• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What games are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldmeijer

rising storm/red orchestra 2 have some fantastic mods

i'd suggest the immersion mod on the steam workshop that changes a few gameplay mechanics and skins, audio too, etc.

Heroes and generals is free, it's kind of arcady (or it was the last time i played it) but there's bikes you can ride!
bikes?! Omg!

Koenigstiger

bikes?! Omg!

Yea I wonder where they got them from *1,000 Angry Dutch men shaking their fists in the air as Hans and the Gruppe rides away on their new bikes fully mobilized*

They've added a ton of stuff since I stopped playing :I

I had a crappy PC and crappy internet so I couldn't run it very well.

Bikes are still the best though imho.

EDIT: stuff as in tanks and armoured vehicles

Miller786

Well, maybe i should have said that its a "faaaaaaaantastic"mod, shouldnt I shake?;)
H&G... The ugly cousin of WW2 online,a pathetical attempt to recreate the deepth of that game by using a a campaign system, that is just illusion,you dont actually know what is going on when you play, just some matches put togheter is some way, from my view, premium currency, buying new classes, and not to mention my 15fps when i can run fc3 on 60 in medium settimgs. Just a big NAAAAAAAH!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I've recently invested in Next Car Game, a demolition derby style driving/racing game. It's in playable alpha, I've not done this before (as in buying a game before it's finished), but it's by Bugbear (Flatout games) and it's already great fun. This video is from their tech demo, the alpha has actual races though.

The physics are crazy, and everything flies around everywhere, but if you like driving games you kind of have to keep an eye on it.

oxigebr

Recently I dont see many games for people of Brazil but until last week I was playing COD World at War ....

I play, when i play only ForgottenHope 0.7.
The realism in RO (3guys for using a Tank) is nothing for me. Even the ultra realism in Arma or Ironfront i dont like.
I want to find the 1st enemy in less than 1 minute otherwise the game is becoming boring for me.

volcol

Back playing wwiionline between university report writing. Campaign 100 - enjoying it very much :D

Feldmeijer

Just dug up this old DOS game called 'Steel Panthers' and its many, many (freeware :D) variants. It's a masterpiece.

Last edited:
So I decided to play Brother in Arms (series) again. Sometimes, I get frustrated when you play on "Authentic" and the AI kills you as if they are aimbotting. But for the rest, it's an awesome game.

Swaffy

So I decided to play Brother in Arms (series) again. Sometimes, I get frustrated when you play on "Authentic" and the AI kills you as if they are aimbotting. But for the rest, it's an awesome game.
Bots have always been a h00t to play against. My most favorite are the bots in Battlefield 1942; some of the tings they do make you wonder if they have a mental problem ... hmm.

Koenigstiger

I always enjoyed the narrative for the BIA games but it was only Hells Highway where I really enjoyed the combat, the others just have you supress the infantry until they die but in Hells Highway you can actually hit them with the bullets!

Or atleast that's how I remember the earlier games

Plus them MG42 sounds....good god did they just record a jackhammer or?

Luffy

FH1, WarThunder, RO GOTY, and battlefield 1942 love how the AI act so funny when playing co-op with my bro

Sir Apple

I've been goofing around in some of the more popular free to play games on steam. My thoughts;

WarFace - A pretty crappy game overall, but perhaps I expected far to much. Aside from the disappointingly crude and rudimentary graphics, the same can be said for the actual gameplay and the ways in which the combat mechanics function. Its just no good. I put 5 hours into the game and that will probably be it.

Heroes & Generals
- I share about the same opinion as WarFace. I know its in Beta, but jesus christ... talk about rough around the edges. I do have a bit of light hearted fun tinkering around, as the actual combat is pretty easy. I actually can get somewhat into the game for an hour or so at a time. Really, for me the two most disappointing aspects of this game is the artwork (specifically environments) and the rigid and glitchy game mechanics.

Ghost Recon Phantoms - Despite Steam saying I magically played this game for 53 hours (not true, wtf) I played for a good 2-3 hours and am likely to never play it again. Reasons being the same as WarFace...

Status
Not open for further replies.