• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What games are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Well, this may be off-topic, but... I tried to download FH2, yes? I used to have some uTorrent or something, although I uninstalled it some while ago. Now when I try to download FH2, it comes up like this: Screenshot by Lightshot
Upon opening it, this message comes up: Application not found.
Is there a way I change the place my downloads go to? :(

As of recent, I've been learning my way around Wargame Airland Battle. I'm proud to say I finally won on my own against the "Easy" AI! xD

Speaking of FH2, how populated are the North American servers these days? Heck, I'd get by with 7 players on the WaW server if it meant awesome combat with good ping.

Sir Apple

Not very populated at all. However every Thursday night there is North American gaming nights on WaW server - sometimes up to 25-30 people.

I *Think* WaW does some custom mappack day, on Sunday or something - but you would have to check the FH2 forums for that.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
As of recent, I've been learning my way around Wargame Airland Battle. I'm proud to say I finally won on my own against the "Easy" AI! xD

Speaking of FH2, how populated are the North American servers these days? Heck, I'd get by with 7 players on the WaW server if it meant awesome combat with good ping.

Not very populated at all. However every Thursday night there is North American gaming nights on WaW server - sometimes up to 25-30 people.

I *Think* WaW does some custom mappack day, on Sunday or something - but you would have to check the FH2 forums for that.

thursday nights waw server east coast u.s.server. also friday nights, but not as regularly. best bet is european afternoon/evenings on the big 762 server 128 player server... this is why we need more N.A. players! recruit, recruit, recruit!

I tried to recruit friends, but I don't have too many interested in games like BF2. It's all Call of Duty or World of Warcraft, things like that.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
yeah, need to find the right kind of friends that are ww2 addicts, and dont want or need the fast twitch arcade style modern games... (maybe im old? )

Skr13

Well, currently I've been playing Forgotten Hope 2, Company of heroes 1 & 2 and sometimes also Men of War Assaul Squad.
I believe there are many WW2 gamers addicts out there, but when compared to other kind of games we're still a minority, and many of these WW2 players also play old games like MOH, COD 1/2, Brother in Arms etc in offline mode, which put them off the "stats"(not a bad thing though), myself sometimes play those titles to feel the nostalgia ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I tried and failed the X-series game (X:Rebirth) but the shear number of bugs is incredible. Perhaps in 6-months I might try again but at the moment crashes and getting stuck unable to do something (e.g. repair) is just too frustrating.

I picked up Rising Storm for 6 USD in the latest Humble Bundle. I enjoyed the free version although not quite my style but for 6 USD I couldn't refuse.

Sir Apple

War Thunder really isn't to pay to win. You can invest in some cool paint schemes, decals and buy some premium aircraft (all of which are balanced by advancement and rank, you can't buy a Boomerang if your still on biplane reserve level) - so putting money into the game doesn't really give you an advantage, learning how to fly well does ;) Plus is balanced in that if you are a **** pilot and buy a higher tier plane, your going to be matched with others in the game flying same level planes who are actually good at it.

Sir Apple

Some games do it right, I would argue War Thunder is one of them - its a game where either way you are promised some kickass fun. I do plan to put some money into it at some point though

Status
Not open for further replies.