• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zainab

Well, Someday I also wants to learn electric guitar..Just learning it on my mobile. I usually develop games like named "lost in forest","Inside or Out" etc Horror games on unreal engine 4...e.e

Aniallator

I'm just learning to play acoustic guitar from one of my mates. I'm proud to say I can play Smoke on the Water. That's how sad I am ;)

FlyingR

nobody born knowing how to play the guitar. The key is practice, and never give up.

He is right, the key is to practice, but more importantly play everyday. Even if it's ten minutes in front of the tv or 2 hrs just playing bullshit, it doesn't matter. Just get used to it, feel the whole guitar! Also learn the ****ing scales in the beginning, one of the biggest mistakes I've done! Still after 10 years I'm struggling a bit with them!!! Don't get discouraged, Smoke in the Water was also one of the first songs I learned!

Yeah Cal, the frets are quite complicated, but it's possible and would indeed look cool! And even better it would switch colors every time you pluck a string! Oh God I'm copyrighting that **** right now!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Smoke on the Water was probably the first I learnt too :p Having not had a single guitar lesson, my advice would be the same; always play stuff. Play some riffs, get some tracks nailed down, and then you can also write angry political songs!

Yeah Cal, the frets are quite complicated, but it's possible and would indeed look cool!

It's just a bigger job, requires making space in the neck itself for the LEDs and the wiring. There are companies that will do that for you, and would do a much better job than me. I wouldn't attempt it myself, because what you don't see from the front of my guitar is the battery pack sticking out the back :p

add another :p

FlyingR hit the nail on the head bout practicing everyday, if for only 10 minutes. Guitar players get their sound from hand/fingers. Get those fret fingertip with calluses.
As for strumming drape a sock over the 1st fret to dampen the strings. It kind of makes strings stiffer,thus easier to learn different picking techniques. A plus is to do this on an acoustic. It will just make it a bit easier playing electric.

@ FlyingR, I saw Angus lastweek here, of course incredible band. Sad no Mal n Rudd though,sucks getting old............... \m/\m/
Someone has beat ya to the lit neck thing. A guitar company make a guitar that neck will light up scales,chords etc.

If its too loud,your too old

FlyingR

@ FlyingR, I saw Angus lastweek here, of course incredible band. Sad no Mal n Rudd though,sucks getting old............... \m/\m/

No... nono nononononononon!!!!!!! It is my dream to go see Ac/Dc!!! Never saw them but it was actually Angus that inspired me to play guitar!!! My favourite band of all! ****!!!! It must've been amazing man, so awesome! Yeah, poor Mal man, it really really sucks :( . They will never come to China... But rumours are that they will go to South America beginning of next year! Another Live At River Plate would be fantastic! I'll make a bamboo raft and use chopsticks to paddle if I have to to cross the Pacific!

Someone has beat ya to the lit neck thing. A guitar company make a guitar that neck will light up scales,chords etc.
If its too loud,your too old

Yeah it was obvious that someone would make it already hahaha, oh well, I still prefer a good ol' Gibson SG! ;)

Nah man, you got it wrong: If it's loud, crank it louder!!! \m/

Aniallator

Ha ha just hop on my boat, I'll be in South America by 2016 ;) I remember not realizing for a while that AC/DC was an Aussie band, it took me by surprise.

FlyingR

Ha ha just hop on my boat, I'll be in South America by 2016 ;) I remember not realizing for a while that AC/DC was an Aussie band, it took me by surprise.

That was actually my second option! I was going to ask you! :D

The band was made in Australia, but the Young brothers, Bon Scott (dead ex-singer), Brian Johnson (current singer), Cliff Williams (bass player) are all Brits (the Youngs and Bon Scott are Scottish). The best rock and heavy metal come from the Brits! Queen, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, The Who, Calgoblin... ;)

I'm not sure I can be in the same list as Queen with just one song [emoji14]

you never know Calgoblin... you never know. A neighbor of mine had a band and a worldwide famous female singer was born from it. Sadly she left the group and went solo. She NEVER returned the favor after her HUGE success. Not even a phone call.

And there are other I either grew up with or knew of who made it pretty big with "hair bands" even some from Anthrax worked the local Toys R Us near me.

So, you never know. Life and time will take you where you want to go.

Yes , British bands I hold dear to my heart also. Dig back to who they were inspired by. American blues.

FlyingR

I'm not sure I can be in the same list as Queen with just one song [emoji14]

Indeed, [MENTION=1261]BonesBrigade[/MENTION], a start is a start. Plus, if it's not be rock for what you become famous for, maybe it would be your OSTs. The last one you made for Pegasus Bridge I'm still insisting it's pure genius mate.

This also applies to games like this one. With this game, with hard work and dedication, it could be one of the best WWII games in the market!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Me again... Sorry.

Game I worked on (mostly last year, it has been a while...) has recently been released on mobiles. Shapeway, about a little shape that you must solve puzzles for. And he will die a lot. You can play it on Android AND iOS. It also went through Steam Greenlight, where it was accepted and will be out on Steam in 2016! Here is a little video you can watch before my annoying tunes invade your Steam account next year. Muhahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.