• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

A penny for your screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

[MENTION=1183]th_battleaxe[/MENTION] sorry, another question xD What's the ideal minimum engagement distance? And is there a better way to attack a bomber than from behind?

@th_battleaxe sorry, another question xD What's the ideal minimum engagement distance? And is there a better way to attack a bomber than from behind?

The ideal minimum engagement distance is white-of-their-eyes close. And for the bombers: two-seaters are best dealt with at strange angles, after killing the gunner. In case of actual bombers: bring more fools willing to engage them.

VonMudra

In all air combat for WW1 and WW2, the best thing is to be as close as possible so you don't have to worry about aiming or missing. Just be ready to dodge debris. ;)

Aniallator

In all air combat for WW1 and WW2, the best thing is to be as close as possible so you don't have to worry about aiming or missing. Just be ready to dodge debris. ;)

LOL, realized that first hand the other day when a Nieuport's wing disintegrated into my propeller... it didn't go well for me after that xD The Kaiser was not proud.

LOL, realized that first hand the other day when a Nieuport's wing disintegrated into my propeller... it didn't go well for me after that xD The Kaiser was not proud.

I had a similar encounter with the top-right wing of an FE.2b once. But as far as dodging debris goes, you should also be very prepared to dodge ghost planes with freshly killed pilots. I had a few of those already.

Aniallator

Teamwork :)

FlyingR

Aniallator and I playing PR. First round was great, good team work!
A little highlight: I shot the guy from the blue car that was driving fast towards us, his body can be found dead on the side (blue jacket) and Ani in between! :D

PRrekt.jpg

Rammed.jpg

From yesterday's Weekend Madness: FlyingR, Aniallator and myself were doing a spot of flying. Were it not for an annoying oik by the name of SPANISH AVENGER. That's him in the Camel, ramming me and Ani in the Brandenburg Kamel, while shouting Allah Akbar.

Aniallator

Hahaha, I remember opening up with the tail gun and thinking "How peculiar that he hasn't pulled up yet." xD I believe [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION] downed him once, though!

FlyingR

Manhunt Event!

The hunted had to reach the other side of the map while the hunters looked for them and killed them!

Very very very awesome event, and really funny too! :D

manhunt.jpg

Want to add that there were three rounds, [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] and I survived 2 (out of 3) rounds, [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] 1 round and [MENTION=2473]Esu21[/MENTION] only played last round, him and Ani almost made but got shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.