• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Questions: Ask the Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirsaneli

I just tried Crysis 3, just to check the gameplay. I guess I will be able to play it. But that game is hardcore action, hope TW will be more strategic, like RO2?

Aniallator

Yeah sorry, I meant the fuse :) The fuse of the 24 was in the handle, whereas it as in the head of the 43. I've not heard of the 24 being used as a booby trap, only the 43, but maybe it was. I have heard of 24s being hung from fences by their pull cords; this way any disturbance of the fence would ignite the grenade's fuse.

Last edited:

Aniallator

I just tried Crysis 3, just to check the gameplay. I guess I will be able to play it. But that game is hardcore action, hope TW will be more strategic, like RO2?

I think you can count on more strategy than RO2, TW being a hardcore realism game. Teamwork and planning will greatly contribute to victory.

siben

Just wondering, why would you use an offensive grenade as booby trap? It seems so unpractical since its basicly a stun grenade with little shrapnel, unlike the us pineapple grenades witch are defensive grenades with a large shrapnel radius.

Aniallator

Indeed... but who knows, it could be useful in defensive situations. Keep in mind guys that seeing as engineers/sappers will have AP mines, giving anyone with a grenade the ability to turn it into an AP mine (albeit a less effective one) may be unbalanced.

drummer93

Just wondering, why would you use an offensive grenade as booby trap? It seems so unpractical since its basicly a stun grenade with little shrapnel, unlike the us pineapple grenades witch are defensive grenades with a large shrapnel radius.

ask the nazis... haha I dont understand what is the problem. If a M24 explodes near you, you die, or maybe have several wounds

drummer93

Indeed... but who knows, it could be useful in defensive situations. Keep in mind guys that seeing as engineers/sappers will have AP mines, giving anyone with a grenade the ability to turn it into an AP mine (albeit a less effective one) may be unbalanced.

you can make mines with Type 97 grenade in Red Orchestra 2:Rising Storm

mmiedzianyy

I agree with [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], setting up booby traps when retreat or defence is very useful. Instead throwing grenades and exposing oneself for the risk you can just make a little surprise for the enemy in the strategic places.

Aniallator

IMO no matter how many grenades you have, you shouldn't be able to set up more than one as a booby trap; this would help prevent unbalance between AP mines and booby traps, and would stop booby traps being spammed in every doorway on the map. You should also be able to disarm booby traps by equipping your bayonet or combat knife, going up to the string that acts as the grenade's tripwire, and cutting it.

drummer93

IMO no matter how many grenades you have, you shouldn't be able to set up more than one as a booby trap; this would help prevent unbalance between AP mines and booby traps, and would stop booby traps being spammed in every doorway on the map. You should also be able to disarm booby traps by equipping your bayonet or combat knife, going up to the string that acts as the grenade's tripwire, and cutting it.

I totally agree. We have to be able to disarm boobytraps and AP mines

Aniallator

Assuming the disarming process for AP mines doesn't take too long (as that means a long animation), the defusing of AP mines should be possible, but done only by engineers/sappers; on the other hand, anyone should be able to defuse a booby trap. This would help reinforce the role of engineers/sappers.

drummer93

Assuming the disarming process for AP mines doesn't take too long (as that means a long animation), the defusing of AP mines should be possible, but done only by engineers/sappers; on the other hand, anyone should be able to defuse a booby trap. This would help reinforce the role of engineers/sappers.

yes of course. But engineers/sappers class would be a very special class, in a little amount of them, like the snipers

Aniallator

In most games, being an engineer means you get a satchel charge, and that's about it... I'm glad they're finally being used to their full potential! Satchel charges and AP mines, wire cutters for severing barbed wire, and perhaps being able to defuse AP mines.

drummer93

In most games, being an engineer means you get a satchel charge, and that's about it... I'm glad they're finally being used to their full potential! Satchel charges and AP mines, wire cutters for severing barbed wire, and perhaps being able to defuse AP mines.

well, I hope the devs read and consider all this xD

FlyingR

They should also have the ability to repair things like broken bridges and HQs and stuff! They should as well have TNTs. As for the satchel charges, by pressing a button or a mouse button, they should be able to set the time. For example 5 and 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.