• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Militaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timberwolf

You lot got some sweet stuff!

I myself got an M1 helmet and an M42 paratrooper jacket.
Any of you know about or go to the Militaria Expo at Ciney? It's where I bought the helmet and the jacket. And I intend to go back next year to buy the matching pants, boots and additional clothing items (belts, etc.)

The helmet is a postwar (most likely 1950s) helmet, probably from a reserve stockpile since it's in good condition. But I get the feeling most people won't be able to tell the difference between wartime and postwar. Not from afar anyway.
The jacket is a reproduction. There were originals for sale too, but those went for around 200 euros.

I got a picture of me wearing both, but being new around here, I don't feel like sharing it juuuuust yet.

I've been to Ciney once. Very busy over there, but I think it's the best place in the Benelux to find something cool or unexpected. I remember seeing a sabre of the Marines of Napoleons Imperial Guard (at least I think it was).

We found what we were looking for, a post-war Soviet map case. Cost us only 20 euros, but it was a chance find.

siben

Something you guys might find interesting. when going through a bunch of British .303 from WW2 i sorted the ones out that where not worth keeping due to the bad condition they where in. 1 of those i opened for you guys to see what is inside. Enjoy!

2015-08-08 15.39.50.jpg

siben

I had a good day this weekend, after a long time i finally went out to a military event again and did a good find. I got a box for .30 carbine ammunition, the box is empty, but i have the correct ammo at home here so i can fill her up correctly. Also i found 4 m1 carbine magazines. 2 of the first pattern, in wax paper and 2 of the second pattern wrapped in its packaging. Both are new old stock. Also i got a nice 20 rounds Thompson magazine even though it has some slight dents, but hardly noticeable. Knowing that what i paid for it was super cheap i am a very happy boy now.

2015-08-09 19.12.56.jpg

Also note a post war m1 garand clip and a box of 16 WW2 german 9mm. Empty.

Moloc

Wonderful collect siben, i make too of the shooting on target./
Très belle collection siben, je fait également du tir sur cible, je suppose que tu dois connaître Arlon et Ciney?

Some pictures of my father's Jeep and my collect.

And in Normandy for the 70th anniversary of D-Day.

Esu21

Knowing that what i paid for it was super cheap i am a very happy boy now..

Can I ask you how much was it? :p Taking interest in these types of things,even if in Spain there arent any near spots where I can buy them.

siben

Can I ask you how much was it? :p Taking interest in these types of things,even if in Spain there aren't any near spots where I can buy them.

Sure, german cardboeard box, 12 euro, wax paper m1 carbine magazine, 10 euro, paper wrapped one 15 euro, Thompson magazine 10 euro.

Moloc

It is the prices generally, you find everything you need to Arlon or Ciney in Belgium.

I go try to post some pictures of my "little" collect ;)

Edit: Done, return page 21, 3 posts needed for pictures^^

siben

Yeah, i used to have more time to visit the fairs and collect nice stuff but life kicked me in the face 3 years ago (and currently still have 2 lawsuits running) so my finances are going other places.
I am starting to see some light in the tunnel again now though, hopefully my problems are sorted out in a month or 8 from now.
I used to visit Chiney, Wavre, Antwerp, Ghent, Ostend, Ursel, Overloon, etc to look for nice bargains, but never went to Arlon, to far for me. I will go there next year though i think when i start going to the faires again.

Esu21

Yea,quite cheap! I'll try to go on vacations to Belgium in the future xD

Also,nice jeeps Moloc! Are you able to drive them and also shoot K98s at France?

Moloc

Yeah, i used to have more time to visit the fairs and collect nice stuff but life kicked me in the face 3 years ago (and currently still have 2 lawsuits running) so my finances are going other places.
I am starting to see some light in the tunnel again now though, hopefully my problems are sorted out in a month or 8 from now.
I used to visit Chiney, Wavre, Antwerp, Ghent, Ostend, Ursel, Overloon, etc to look for nice bargains, but never went to Arlon, to far for me. I will go there next year though i think when i start going to the faires again.

I'm sorry for your problems, i hope you do better.
The advantage of Arlon it's because it's every 2 months, we find interesting things but the prices begin to rise a little too much....
I don't go farther from Ciney or La Gleize. That begins to make far.

Yea,quite cheap! I'll try to go on vacations to Belgium in the future xD

Also,nice jeeps Moloc! Are you able to drive them and also shoot K98s at France?

Yes, the jeep is in vehicle of collection, you can drive it, if you cross the inspection.^^
For the rifle yes I can make it for the shooting on target or hunting, being a rather old rifle and bolt action it's authorized, subjected to regulations of course.

excellent pictures Moloc, and beautiful Willys

Thanks, the new jeep is more beautiful, but she is not finished, with a cal.30^^

Status
Not open for further replies.