• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #45: Operation Tonga (D-Day Part 3/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Welcome to the community guys! Great to see new people are rolling in here. :)

*As for alpha/beta testing, there are no openings yet, I'm afraid. However, if you have some developer skills you might get in for rights of testing.

DerJoachim

Yes i have heard of this game from hardcore veterans of Heroes&Generals, in 2013, but because i am a lazy bum i only registered now, but i follow this game from spring of 2013 approx, and it is going to be awesome, the only fact i can "whine " about is that unlike H&G , Traction Wars doesnt have RTS , but i can live without it, as logn the game provide good realism and sexy WW2 uniforms, i cant complain really, this game is full of win. :)

Thanks for the welcome Roughbeak, i am a sucker for WW2 since the early 90's, i didnt miss a game about WW2, i am an hardcore gamer, every bit of realism is much appreciated, i hope the tank warfare will be realistic like in Panzer Elite sorry for the little Offtopic guys, but i always lose my mind when talking about WW2 stuff, i cant control myself eheh.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community [MENTION=1802]DerJoachim[/MENTION] :) Always nice to see new faces!

As Roughbeak says we're still developing the game behind closed doors. If we start looking for testers the forum community will be the first to hear about it ;)

Rickopops

If you are planning on missions about the Battle of the Scheldt, I would be glad to be of help, since I live in the small town of Woensdrecht, which is very well known by the Canadian 5th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Infantry Division, for the gruesome fighting on Friday 13 October, which is also known as "Black Friday".

VonMudra

If you are planning on missions about the Battle of the Scheldt, I would be glad to be of help, since I live in the small town of Woensdrecht, which is very well known by the Canadian 5th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Infantry Division, for the gruesome fighting on Friday 13 October, which is also known as "Black Friday".

We do not know exactly where we will be going after we finish Normandy. However, I would note that since we do not plan on any new theaters until we feel Normandy is complete (IE, all allies in, solid collection of maps, tanks, vehicles, weaponry, etc etc), that would not be for at least 4-5 releases, and so any new theaters are a ways off.

Skr13

Thanks for this update, but I have a question, which artillery guns we're talking about here? I suppose they are not the GPF 155m French howitzers who were believed to be at Point Du Hoc.

Edited: I remember that should be sFH 18(german made) howitzers...
[h=3][/h]

Daeqolax

Well i haven't really played any cryengine based games, but graphic you got there just looks amazing. The music is also very nice.

brrr

TW Developer
Thanks for this update, but I have a question, which artillery guns we're talking about here? I suppose they are not the GPF 155m French howitzers who were believed to be at Point Du Hoc.

Edited: I remember that should be sFH 18(german made) howitzers...

We actually covered in detail the artillery pieces used here in a previous news post, which I have linked below:
Traction Wars - WWII Realism Game - Dev Blog #7: Blast from the Past

The gun in question is the Skoda Houfnice vz 14 100mm cannon.

straetje

Hello all, i have been following this project for quite some time now and suddenly a question came up.
I remember that the player cap in a server will be either 32 or 64.
But when i see a map this big i really think about how the players will be finding each other if you have multiple points to defend/capture. Will you use some kind of points to capture/defend to draw the players to a certain area or what is the plan?

Btw, It looks absolutely amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.