• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gully

A british spitfire carrying beer for the boys!
They had an unique way of transporting it with the spitfire.
Because of the high altitude the beer would be cold and ready to be served to the allied soldiers in normandie

6Xuw6BC.jpg

VonMudra

Einsatzgruppe scum^

Australian solders in New Guinea. Reportedly taken just after combat, displaying captured Japanese helmets (presumably taken off killed Japanese).

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
A Cromwell tank on a plinth in Thetford forest that my dad drives past most days. It's a memorial to the 7th Armoured Division Desert Rats. As my dad kindly took a very large photo, you can read the plinth on the uber large version here.

9638011950_e174d0ee92_c.jpg

VonMudra

For some reason I didn't notice this had posts till now. Quite right, Goering mostly gained his weight towards the mid point in the war....

Here's a good one:

Whoever can correctly state what is happening in this photo gets a cookie :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
For some reason I didn't notice this had posts till now. Quite right, Goering mostly gained his weight towards the mid point in the war....

Here's a good one:

Whoever can correctly state what is happening in this photo gets a cookie :)

Caption competition anyone?

"How do you get to Berlin from here in Caen?"
"South, definitely South. It's not North - that's just lies - South is much faster"

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Caption competition anyone?

"How do you get to Berlin from here in Caen?"
"South, definitely South. It's not North - that's just lies - South is much faster"

They're not actually reading the map but using it as a cover to look at a magazine of nudey ladies?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I suppose it's worth checking this photo was taken during the war and not afterwards when the Soviets got a wee bit less friendly.

VonMudra

You guys are terrible :p The photo is of a Georgian officer (specifically 795th Georgian Legion) discussing German troop placements with American officers, in Normandy. The Georgians, like most ex-Soviet volunteer units, had joined up either on promises of fighting for the liberation of their country, or to escape the concentration camps. In most cases, they were then promptly sent as far away from the Ostfront as possible, in the Georgian cases, to the Atlantik Wall. There they generally killed any German NCO/Officers nearby during the invasion, and promptly surrendered to the americans under promises that they would not be repatriated to the USSR (a promise that was not kept). As a fun historical side note, there was one case where a Georgian Legion unit had one battalion which was leaflet-ed with US propaganda saying that they WOULD be sent home to Stalin (under the FDR administration's "Stalin is a good person who is kind and likes democracy" idea). They fought to the death.

Now, how about an easier one:

Spot what's "wrong" :D

German Infantry (possibly 352nd) in Normandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.