• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

A marine fires his Bazooka during the battle of Iwo Jima, 1945.

Aniallator

What a shot, [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION]! I can't imagine what that would've been like, landing your own glider among all those others!

siben

​I wanted to post something that you normally don't see in a documentary, or that is not often discussed. It shows a Sherman tank shortly after taking a hit in the turret, and the poor guys that got hit being taken out of the tank.

Warning, do not look at the video if you are easily shocked.

https://youtu.be/BXB_tBgq6Rc

drummer93

[MENTION=1855]siben[/MENTION] the video is very interesting, but this thread is about pictures. Maybe you can create one about videos :). It could be great: "Video of the Day" :p

siben

My grandmother calls it a moving picture, so its a picture? no? Don't you guys also go see the picture at the cinema?

1511530_863878396993760_6890881426207242838_n.jpg

Sleeping compartment in the B-29 bomber.

Feldmeijer

Right... some of our politicians came up with the genious idea of demanding land instead of money after the war from the Germans. Can't say I dislike the idea... :pmooi%20plaatje.jpg
Rough translation to English:
"German Money, German signatures, German promises are Worthless
For our flooded polders, destroyed harbors, railways and cities
the Dutch people demand
GERMAN TERRITORY
WITHOUT GERMANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.