• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Hi I'm New Thread

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Re: The Hi I'm New Thread

It worked after I re-booted the PC and used IE8.

I know how to upload them but it simply deletes the file after I press change.  :-*
Oh and previous versions said it was too large, I'll try out some more.

BuLL

Hi Chaps..I`m BuLL....An Old (By some peoples standards) Photoshop junkie.
I adore WWII themed games ,ever since I played the original MOH on a now,very old playstation one.
Anyway,I digress...Nice to meet one and all:)

Sir Apple

Hey Bull nice to see you here - welcome  :).

And your passion for WW2 originates somewhat like mine. I really got into it after playing MOH Frontlines.  :p

BuLL

Ah,SO there`s a few more old farts around then?...Thanks for the  welcome.Much appreciated.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community BuLL - I'm also old enough to remember MoH coming out. Not that I ever played it ;)

BuLL

Naga...As much as I like WWII themes....Don`t bother sending me a trial bud.I`ve decided against joining the/your team.
The joining mallarky is far too long winded for my liking I`m afraid(You initially asked me to join).I`m far too long in the tooth to be tested by someone who`s probably not much older than my own teenagers.
You`ve already seen what I`m capable of.If that isn`t sufficient,then so be it.
I`ll search elsewhere...Good luck with your endeavours...See you around..
Regards...BuLL.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Just to point something our, BuLL;

We've all gone through the same, so why shouldn't you do that as well?

Sorry to say, but it sounds unfair and makes you look like someone special.

Sorry.

Maniche 

Bob_Bobber0

I can understand where Bull is coming from, and he makes a somewhat valid point. He has a skill and we can either take it or leave it. He is a no-nonsense character, he says what he means and does what he says. I can respect that.

However I believe the trials and trivial bureaucracies involved are necessary to protect the interest of the mod itself. Without these small incumbencies it becomes very easy to lose track of the initial goal and makes the mod susceptible to damages through lack of concrete structure.

I hope this may help to clarify a little more what we are about here at Traction Wars, and I would encourage you Bull, to stick around and see things through.

-Bob (Domingo_Chavez)

Sir Apple

The blunt fact is most mods that run on a professional level will have strict NDA regulations upon application, in addition to Trials.

As bob mentioned, Trial tasks are essential so we can evaluate ones work ethics, skill, structure etc. Regardless of what the applicant tells us, we want proof, and the best way to determine our level of trust in them is to evaluate their performance via trials, willingness to comply with NDA's and the such.

While your side of the story is understandable, it would make more sense if you look at it from our side of the board - Would you higher someone to cut your hair if he was blind?

BuLL

Re: Re: The Hi I'm New Thread

Bob_Bobber0 said:
I can understand where Bull is coming from, and he makes a somewhat valid point. He has a skill and we can either take it or leave it. He is a no-nonsense character, he says what he means and does what he says. I can respect that.

However I believe the trials and trivial bureaucracies involved are necessary to protect the interest of the mod itself. Without these small incumbencies it becomes very easy to lose track of the initial goal and makes the mod susceptible to damages through lack of concrete structure.

I hope this may help to clarify a little more what we are about here at Traction Wars, and I would encourage you Bull, to stick around and see things through.

-Bob (Domingo_Chavez)
Your an extremely good judge of character bud,well imo anyways ;)
"You been talking with my missus"..lol
To be quite honest and upfront....I`m an impatient old fart & yes I do talk straight/no-nonsense...I think all yorkshire bred blokes are the same.
I work 7 days before I get a day off & when I am free,I enjoy nothing more than skinning some outstanding model...
As far as being "special" maniche....Well,my two kids think I am ;D.Or at least I hope they do.lol
Everyone on this planet has one thing or talent,beit writing,art,maths,sport..even farting.....Maybe not that last one :-\ ;D ;D ;D...That they excell at....but I hear where your coming from.
And yes I will indeed stick around..If nothing else I can annoy you all.lmao

BuLL

Sir Apple said:
Would you higher someone to cut your hair if he was blind?
Probably not,but what`s elevating a blind barber got to do with anything? ;D

BuLL

I shouldn`t really take advantage of grammatical mistakes,but I couldn`t resist.
Sorry Sir apple......Hope you see the funny side of it.

BuLL

BuLL said:
I shouldn`t really take advantage of grammatical mistakes,but I couldn`t resist.
Sorry Sir apple......Hope you see the funny side of it.
I`m surprised your from america Bob...Americans don`t usually get me at all.
Guess your a one off...Very refreshing I must say.....& Nice to meet you,,,,sort of.lol

Edolsian

Wow, I really like Bull, I hope he sticks around.

Btw: I am Edolsian, I have been modding for six or so years now.
I hope that I can help this team and learn from you guys, and maybeyou'll learn from me aswell.
Cheers,