• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Hi I'm New Thread

Coca-Cola

Trial Developer
Re: The Hi I'm New Thread

Hello, just followed Fuchs and Sire Apple here. Fairly interested in doing a few models for you guys and I've been doing it for nearly a year.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community Coca-cola :)

Drop us an application or enquiry if you want to any questions answered.

Sir Apple

http://www.twmod.org/recruit.php (though I'm sure you already know where to find it). :)

Out of curiosity what is LD?

In addition to Zbrush modeling, are you able to model normal meshes (3ds max is our primary tool for such things)? I mean, Zbrush is a powerful tool but generally speaking for static models we only model them at normal res/polycount and just UV and texture them.

Of course Zbrush can still come in handy as its a great tool and would of course be beneficial in some cases with certain types of objects. :)

Last edited:

Deltathund3r

Hi.Ld is short for leveldesign.
Yes zbrush is very useful.I dont know how too use any hard surface modeling tools.I can create high res sculpts,objects retopo them too a reasonable amount of polys enough to be imported into another program like maya,max, then retopo again to get finally low poly count.

JoelSFX

Hey everyone, My name is Joel and hopefuly if i pass the trial test i will be the new sound designer "pew pew" look forward to it all
Cheers

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Welcome mate!
Hope you enjoy your stay. I've just reply in your email so check it out.

Maniche

FH2 Hi

I'm FH2 Hi, :)| Hi for those of you on the Forgotten Hope forums), 16, and a fourth generation aviator. I dont really do much except airsoft and code/beta-test for a FH2 WW1 Mini-mod called No Man's Land. If Crysis has coding (I code for 2005 games mostly, this newer stuff I havn't touched) I'd be glad to hepl code for TW if I can find a mentor or a few tutorials on it.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community Hi, I play FH2 often but I can't say I'm on the forums much - might have battled with you a few times who knows ;).

The main source-code for CryEngine2 is in C++ but with some LUA for gamemodes. The weapon and vehicle configuration files are in XML (like most Refractor 2 from memory). If any of those tickles your fancy we might well be able to help you to get up to speed if you decided to apply to join the team as either a TWCON or TWDEV, our recruitment page has more information about the different types of team member and other useful information for those who are thinking about applying.