• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Hi I'm New Thread

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Hello, Lucky!

This is a pleasant thing to hear, and on behalf of the team; thank you!

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome again Rex ;) Trying to get our post count up are we? The Rec.Room might be a good place if you have any non-game related thoughts you want to share :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a professor of media art at Brown University in Providence, RI. I'm here because I'm doing research on video game landscapes--particularly realistic representations of specific historical landscapes. I am also a new media artist--I did some 3D modeling and texture mapping using Alias back in the '90s, but haven't done any of that kind of work in years, and I've never used CryEngine. So at this point I'm afraid I can't offer any useful skills.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
A professor amongst our midst, don't read that every day. Welcome, I hope our project will be of use to your research.

Thanks. One thing I'm curious about is what you're basing your levels on: what kinds of archival resources are you using? Maps from military history books? Archival photos?