• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Hi I'm New Thread

Sir Apple

Yes those types of things - also for certain levels maps from ww2 marking the battlefield are available. All of that combined with a little bit of artistic freedom and etc. come together :)

But it strongly varies from battle to battle.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Thanks. One thing I'm curious about is what you're basing your levels on: what kinds of archival resources are you using? Maps from military history books? Archival photos?

We use whatever we can use. Together we plough through the entire internet in search of maps, pictures and texts that may contain interesting facts about the area. And of course Google Streetview to get a look at how it looks today, time basically stood still in Normandy, houses are the same and roads just have new tarmac.

It really differs per map and we don't really have set rules on how we research it, as long as we are sure that the information we find is accurate.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I should probably add that we do make use of offline resources as well including University Libraries, accounts from the time where we can find them and published works.

Using the internet is however a lot easier and quicker ;)

Thanks, this is very helpful. I don't want to inconvenience you guys--I realize you already have a lot on your hands with such a complex project, but is there any way I could "observe" the process? Do you put the research materials online in a place where I could access them? Or could you put me in touch with someone on your team who could to show me the materials he's working with and the resulting levels? Maybe I could find a way to help, for example by doing some research myself.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
You could always join as a contributor, they are like part-time developers who come and go. You just need to do a trial task and after that you can oversee the entire development process while you add your own research once in a while.

Howdy Guys and Gals :) Well just thought i would pop in and say howdy. Loving all work thats been done so far. Very nice indeed

Happy and Glorious Modding JK

hobgoblin

Hi folks,I,m a newbie,been playing Tank games for a while ,look forward to crossing swords with you all.love the welsh flag in the corner,neat!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community Mike :) How did you hear about us out of interest?

PS. Your English is actually very good considering English is not you first language :)

slayer1213

Hello, of course people will probably know by this post that I am new. And I found this site by looking through the Cryengine site. This project looks really amazing and truth being it looks too unreal for me to even think. This engine is excellent, and this project is and I hope and know that this project will become top in sites like IGN or those other gaming sites that write about how good games are.

Versus

Hey all!
As you might see, I am new to these forums.
I am a player that likes tournament/teamplay... That is why I am an active member of WaW - World at War Tournament News - World at War.
We currently play it FH2 wise, a mod of BF2. But since that game is ancient and we are looking for another game to go to, a member posted the link of this website. And now I am registered.
I hope this game will be "renewing" for us.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
The ironic part being I'm just going to START playing FH2... :p

But welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay and that we can help you out as much as possible. We don't bite! (Except Hanni.)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community Versus. I've played against WaW members many a time on FH2 and I must say your a great bunch. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with what we have in store for you with Traction Wars.

Versus

Welcome to the community Versus. I've played against WaW members many a time on FH2 and I must say your a great bunch. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with what we have in store for you with Traction Wars.

Good to hear you guys!
Well, we are going to stay at FH2 untill it completely dies, untill an TA thinks diffrently(I guess)
But, I am actually confused...
Is this a mod for crysis? Or is this a game on its own?