• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Website Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Writing, for example DxDiag creates a smiley in the middle of the text...

(not sure if I posted this before...)
For some odd reason after posting a quick reply, website alligns itself to left instead of being centered on Internet Explorer.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's a bug I'm aware of but so far I haven't been able to work out the reason why. Must admit I haven't given it a huge amount of time as I've been focusing on things in-engine recently rather than the website.

If anyone can find a CSS bug then that would be very useful!

litchu

It's a bug I'm aware of but so far I haven't been able to work out the reason why. Must admit I haven't given it a huge amount of time as I've been focusing on things in-engine recently rather than the website.
If anyone can find a CSS bug then that would be very useful!

On my pc ( IE9 mode ) when the page is loading the container starts in the center but after a small delay ( 0.5 sec ) the page moves left, without me doing anything. I can get it back in the middle by disabling the display: block ( .clearflix ) and then re-enabling it in the console. All I can think of is that something is going on in Javascript which causes IE to screw up ( suprise suprise ) becaus it seems to happen when javascript has finished loading. You could try forcing display: block on #main-content by adding display: block!important in the css but I'm not sure if that'll help..

* Edit: after posting this, while the container was centered, it moved to the left again. I added position: absolute to the #main-content element which caused it to center but the footer would show on the wrong position, so I removed position: absolute again and the container stayed in the middle..

Conclusion: don't use IE..?

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Now you mention it I did come to the same conclusion about Javascript. Which one of the many scripts running though is another question!

Zainab

How do you mean Zainab?
Like whenever I type :eek:lder, the "o" becomes :eek: meme.... in skype that's the auto-correction or you can take it as bug but it can be removed by disabling the auto-correction. Lol and same thing happens here

Last edited:

Zainab

I was just saying that If someone wants to type xDavid the "x,D" can become xD this, so just disable it e.e.

Aniallator

1. Change "Release Date TBA" on the home page to "Estimated Release Q2 2017", or something similar?

2. It's impossible to compose a post of all caps, doing so posts everything in lower case. Please remove this, because some posts... well, they just need to have all caps ;)

3. Typing B, I, or U while on caps lock activates bold, italic, and underline respectively. Pretty annoying, forces me to hold shift when writing in all caps.

FlyingR

There're a few problems I noticed:

twbug1.jpg

Look at the notifications, did it get rebooted?

twbug2.jpg

The icons are not similar

twbug3.jpg

Where did other info go?

As well, for the yellow circles, one suggestion, wouldn't it be better/shorter if it was "... Liked ...'s post" rather than "Click Likes"?

twbug4.jpg

I don't know if the texts are supposed to be the same or not, but they are!

http://www.tractionwars.com/recruitment/ < still "Page not found"

Well that is all :)

Aniallator

There're a few problems I noticed:

View attachment 1327

Look at the notifications, did it get rebooted?

View attachment 1328

The icons are not similar

View attachment 1329

Where did other info go?

As well, for the yellow circles, one suggestion, wouldn't it be better/shorter if it was "... Liked ...'s post" rather than "Click Likes"?

View attachment 1330

I don't know if the texts are supposed to be the same or not, but they are!

http://www.tractionwars.com/recruitment/ < still "Page not found"

Well that is all :)

Well put together... sorry I can't like this xD The site already looks awesome Naga, no need to change :)

SpaceCroissant

Sorry guys, [MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] had to take the site offline earlier this afternoon for some fairly major emergency maintenance. Do keep letting us know of any bugs you find!

FlyingR

twbug5.jpg

This is what uploading a video for me looks like. I have to press Enter in order to upload the video. I'm using Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m

As, drummer and Ani said, we can't like posts and the layout/aspect hasn't changed for me either (if it was suppose to change, that is).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.