• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Website Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
With the new website now launched we would love to receive your feedback and have you assistance in bringing any issues/glitches/bugs brought to our attention.

I'll sticky this thread as a one-stop shop for feedback and bug reporting.

FlyingR

Hey Naga, love the new site, good job mate! :)
3 things:

1. I post from the computer but it says posted from mobile device for some reason.
Edit: Due to that I got the "Remote Operations" (Mobile Poster) ribbon by my name

2. I don't know if it's my computer or not, but when there's a new reply, there's just a small white arrow next to the thread title which is barely visible. Would it be possible to make the threads with new replies more visible please?

Edit:
3. Icon legends in every sub-forum does not match the actual icons??

Last edited:
I'm getting that glitch again with Internet Explorer. An infinitely spinning loading circle over the reply button while typing and sometimes a letter I've typed goes missing.

Also, for some reason, the forum gets shoved to the left of the screen after posting.

Sydd

When I first hopped on last night, I thought something was wrong with my internet cause I thought there was no site update, but the change is subtle... took no time getting used to.. It somehow feels more comfortable, I don't know why.
It's functioning as intended, I can like posts, post on the forum, check notifications, profile etc just like I could on the old forum.

Thanks for the wonderful update Naga! I love the new site :D

Use chrome or firefox battleaxe, I am using chrome and it's working just the way it's supposed to.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
1. I post from the computer but it says posted from mobile device for some reason.
Edit: Due to that I got the "Remote Operations" (Mobile Poster) ribbon by my name

I spotted that first thing this morning. Consider the ribbon a bonus for being one of the first to see the new site ;)

2. I don't know if it's my computer or not, but when there's a new reply, there's just a small white arrow next to the thread title which is barely visible. Would it be possible to make the threads with new replies more visible please?

The icon is actually redundant as the larger arrow adjacent does exactly the same thing. It's been removed.

3. Icon legends in every sub-forum does not match the actual icons??

Could you explain what you mean please?

JanMz

I keep getting ''the page is asking for the confirmation that you want to leave''' pop up. I think this is unnecessary.

edit: Why this message got accepted immediately, but 2 others need to be checked by the moderator ?

JanMz

Mobile issues:

- I can't post on my windows phone. When i tap at the blank space the keyboard doesn't show up and i can't post.
- Earlier today i got another issue when after tapping on ''reply to thread'' it didn't stop loading (the circle icon continued to spin and the text box didn't seem to want to load.
- Some icons, buttons are overlapping, ''misplaced''

FlyingR

1. Hahahaha ok thanks! :D

2. Despite the white arrow, it's still hard to difference between new replies and the post without replies. They are both dark green arrows, whereas the hot threads are just olive green. Would it be possible to just make the new replies more noticeable?

3. So there's the forums, then News Room, General Discussions, etc.. I call them sub-forums, if you enter any of them you scroll down and there's an icon legend which indicates a picture for new reply, hot thread, etc. These icons don't match the icons being used.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm getting that glitch again with Internet Explorer. An infinitely spinning loading circle over the reply button while typing and sometimes a letter I've typed goes missing.
- Earlier today i got another issue when after tapping on ''reply to thread'' it didn't stop loading (the circle icon continued to spin and the text box didn't seem to want to load.

Fixed :)

Also, for some reason, the forum gets shoved to the left of the screen after posting.

This one is particularly odd. I'm still working on it.

Mobile issues:
I can't post on my windows phone. When i tap in the blank space my keyboard doesn't pop up.
Another issues i notice is advanced options, the boxes and icons (when posting) and some other stuff, like page index, are out of place (probably not intended for mobile use, anyway).

Can you take some screenshots for us please? Unfortunately we don't have a Windows Phone on the team to test the site on!

I keep getting ''the page is asking for the confirmation that you want to leave''' pop up. I think this is unnecessary.

What browser/OS are you using when you get that message? You should only get it if you've started posting a message but not submitted it yet.

edit: Why this message got accepted immediately, but 2 others need to be checked by the moderator ?

The first three posts you make are subject to approval. After that you can post instantly.

2. Despite the white arrow, it's still hard to difference between new replies and the post without replies. They are both dark green arrows, whereas the hot threads are just olive green. Would it be possible to just make the new replies more noticeable?

I agree and this will likely be changed quite soon.

3. So there's the forums, then News Room, General Discussions, etc.. I call them sub-forums, if you enter any of them you scroll down and there's an icon legend which indicates a picture for new reply, hot thread, etc. These icons don't match the icons being used.

Well spotted! It's on the list to get fixed but I'm focusing on the major issues first.

Aniallator

Whenever I upload an image, it's uploaded in a small resolution (like around 400x400). This has always happened, so I'm just wondering if it's a bug or not?

FlyingR

Naga, Whats the For Valour dropdown list? Is it for the styles of the website? I've tried different ones and had no big changes?

As well, in my personal opinion, I don't like the pictures of the posters appearing in right side of threads, it looks a bit messy, like too much. I would prefer it simpler in that case.
However having the flags of each member displayed (even a small one), it's nicer to the eyes than having the country written.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Naga, Whats the For Valour dropdown list? Is it for the styles of the website? I've tried different ones and had no big changes?

It is but seeing as there is only one option right now (For Valour 5.0) I've removed it for simplicity.

litchu

I wouldn't mind having a bit more space/margin between things here and there ( for example between comments ) and adding a bit more padding to certain areas, everything feels so close to each other now. Also I'm not a big fan of borders bigger than 1px but that's just me.

As for mobile; I can't seem to be able to scroll to the bottom of the page.

The "Game history" link on the home page doesn't work, it says: "litchu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

FlyingR

On the mobile version, on the Iphone at least, the top part where the pm, notifications and profile get mixed with Home, Forum, Media... so if I want to check my notifications, I would press Media instead. It's all crunched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.