• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What games are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuttlelauncher

Don't mind me....just strolling through all of these topics and threads xD.

But seriously, I have been back and forth. I consider my self a person with many tastes in everything, including games. However, a few games in particular have always kept my interest for 100+ hours and I intend to share them with you and my opinions on them. My entire life I have grown up playing games and there are always those bad ones that you hate you ever spent a penny on. So I hope to abolish any bad rumors you have heard about the games I am about to tell you.

Team Fortress 2: Get it right now and don't question me. 'Nuff Said. Hours of my life wasted on this game: I originally had 790 hours, but steam didn't like that so it said I would only have .7 hours one morning and I have had to get it back ever since.

DayZ Standalone: A bit buggy, but the controls are responsive most of the time. Right now it doesn't even remind me of the original Mod. I should know I have a total combined 1,300 hours on it. With my 180+ hours on the standalone I can say if you are willing to look past the bugs and the giant kill-fest (Seriously, that is what it is right now. There are no benefits to not killing someone so yeah, its just that way right now) then it is worth the money. But I would hold off until the final release which should be in a year or so.

Garry's Mod: Again, get it and don't question my judgement, 'Nuff said.

War Thunder: If you are an avid fan of aviation and shooting other planes down in strategic manuevers, than this is the game for you. I have played (according to raptor) about a full day or more of War Thunder and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Quite worth the download with many mechanics to play on. You HAVE to play a Full-Real-Battle or Historical battle in order to get the full experience of the game. Unless you absolutely drop "Goose Eggs" every single game, then do NOT play Arcade. Too many people defying the laws of aviation and using their canons on a Flying Fortress while 100 Ft above the water doing backflips. Not entertaining in my opinion.

Blacklight:Retribution: Now I have to say, I am a bit of a CoD style player at some days just because I want to run gun some people down and it is entertaining. So since I don't own a CoD series game for the PC, I went ahead and took the daring step to re-download this game. You see, I played in beta way-back-when and I slowly but surely got bored. So then once I got bored I re-downloaded the game, clicked the start button, and then I got an eviction notice on my door that also stated I was legaly dead. Strange, I have only been playing for 4 months straight......interesting. But for real, if you just want a quick run-and-gun that actually requires some skill then this is a game for you.

NeoTokyo: I have been playing for 4 years. Longest I have played almost any other game. This game is addicting and combines some of the best game mechanics out there. I can't describe with words how well thought out and developed this game is. If you have HL2 then you really need to grab this game off of the newly added Steam. Seriously, four years and they are just now adding a game of this caliber to Steam.....imbeciles....Finally, this game has a bit of a steep learning curve and if you aren't playing against newbies, you will end up getting wrecked 125 Kills to 1 death.....no joke....

I hope you have enjoyed my little "Review" per say. You guys are doing an amazing job and I hope you all get to try these games at some point. Continue on because there are more posts besides this one.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Of course you're popular @shuttlelauncher , everyone here is kind and generous. Maybe 'are you kind and generous?' should be a question on the forum signup.

But seriously, I have been back and forth. I consider my self a person with many tastes in everything, including games. However, a few games in particular have always kept my interest for 100+ hours and I intend to share them with you and my opinions on them. My entire life I have grown up playing games and there are always those bad ones that you hate you ever spent a penny on.

You've given me the idea for a new thread: Games you've played for 200+ hours!

Last edited:
Inspired by the upcoming Warcraft movie I fired up dosbox and Warcraft 1, just finished the Orcs campaign a few days ago and started the Human one yesterday. Can't believe it is 20 years old now!

shuttlelauncher

Of you're popular [MENTION=1421]shuttlelauncher[/MENTION] , everyone here is kind and generous. Maybe 'are you kind and generous?' should be a question on the forum signup.

You've given me the idea for a new thread: Games you've played for 200+ hours!

That is an EXCELLENT idea for a thread! Plus yes, we really need more people like this on the forums. I mean come on, it's not everyday that you find a forum where people actually care and take to heart what you write. I would gladly post a few games on the 200+ hours post. Sorry if it seemed like I was gloating, but it was just something that I felt people should get recognition for. I think everyone on this team and the early forum members deserve some recognition for keeping up with TW for this long. I am extremely excited with some of the guns you guys just came out with [emoji1]

Last edited:

volcol

on and off Verdun - its interesting seeing how the ww1 warfare can be portrayed in an FPS. Some maps work - some less so ... but good fun :)

Pvt_Larry

Lots of Verdun; I do enjoy the bolt-action madness of Verdun.

A good deal of Warthunder as well.

DayZ standalone sometimes also.

Heroes and Generals before I gave up hope on that one turning around.

And of course, being a fan of strategy; Empire: Total War and Wargame: Red Dragon.

Last edited:

Alex

War Thunder
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm
Verdun
Men of War AS 2
Heroes and Generals before I gave up on it
Mount and Blade Warband Napoleonic

Roughbeak

Been playing Forgotten Hope 2 (as always), but a few days ago there has been a campaign of the Pacific theater.

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19824.0

Despite using old sounds, and some animations it rocks! Very impressed! :D Unfortunately I did not take any screens with the Japanese equipment though.

Unfortunate submarine crash, haha! (until now I realized misspelled "happened")

Pvt_Larry

FH2 looks great. I played the original Forgotten Hope on BF1942, many hours of entertainment there. Had some of the more obscure factions also, Poland, France, Australia, Finland etc.

Unfortunately I never had BF2, so I couldn't try the newer version.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
FH2 looks great. I played the original Forgotten Hope on BF1942, many hours of entertainment there. Had some of the more obscure factions also, Poland, France, Australia, Finland etc.

Unfortunately I never had BF2, so I couldn't try the newer version.

fh2 was the sole purpose for me buying bf2 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.