• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Much like Volcol I'm very distracted by lots of university work. Sometimes I have some time to myself to work on music that isn't TWs related, which may be code for 'absolutely pointless' depending on where you stand ;)

I wrote this because I wanted to again experiment with spoken words applied to music. And when something bad happens in the UK, news reports are always hilarious to point fingers at other people. Flooding - a pretty natural phenomena - therefore is always the fault of someone else. Anyway, here's some music:

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/flooding]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/flooding[/video]

(Hmm can you embed Soundclouds straight into forum posts? Sure I managed it before...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Interesting, perhaps you could make something similar, but more WWII themed about people talking about war victories and losses.
It would make a really good trailer or teaser.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Embedding has been fixed. Didn't help SoundCloud has moved over to end-to-end SSL apparently since embedding was implemented previously ;)

volcol

Soon enough, sadly university must come first!

in the mean time - very nearly done with the trench scene for uni :D

Roughbeak

Alright, more roads! :) However those snow ones, will not be in any of my maps, perhaps later.

First snow road: The left is the same one from the Free SDK, but I heavily modified to avoid copyright issues. EDIT: I used masks instead now, because it is a much better attempt than erasing parts of that snow layer. The final result is on the right:

Voila! >

Second snow road texture: The story behind this is purely complicated, to keep it short, it is a Forgotten Hope 2 road texture, however there was no folder for them, so I had to take shots of them ingame! With ultra heavy adjustments I got something to look like this:

Moving away from the brutal cold textures, this one is a dirt road with various straw and rocks. Here, I heavily modified and created almost all the details.

Also this is a upcoming screen of my upcoming map, which should be finished in a week or two.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
A new piece of mine, simply an orchestral cover of Knights of Cydonia by Muse. What could possibly go wrong?

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/knights-of-cydonia-orchestral]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/knights-of-cydonia-orchestral[/video]

Maybe this thread should be renamed "The James, Roughbeak and Callum thread"? :p

oxigebr

just trying to find a game about ww2 that has good graphics and I try to buy the ps4 logical that in Brazil the price is 4,000 reais

Koenigstiger

RO2 is free tomorrow, War Thunder is always free, Brothers in Arms is a bit dated but is consistent gameplay wise, Forgotten Hope 2 looks good, CoH has a ton of mods plus CoH 2, Men of War: Assault squad 2 and IL2: Battle of Stalingrad have been released as early access iirc.

Not many WW2 related games these days with modern ********...err shooters* dominating the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roughbeak

Don't mind this double post :p, but I have more stuff to share!

A recently created heightmap, there is not a lot of detail on it, but I just wanted to get my feet wet. However, it does look like some chopped up shortcake, doesn't it? :D

...and the tasty concept scene!

Another texture preview - footprints in sand. It is one of the most clearest (2048x2048px) of my textures stash.

*I am still creating that upcoming map to let you know, I have not forgotten about it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.