• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

Well, I would like to read them.

https://csun.academia.edu/MatthewPalmer

4 of my major papers are posted up here. The Polish-Soviet War one was presented as the Southwestern Social Science Association conference in New Orleans April of this year, and The Lost Destiny one is being presented at the same conference (this time being held in San Antonio) this coming April. I have another paper, on the origin of the mythos about the German army in 1939, but that one is on a sort of academic blockade in order to prevent anyone from seeing the research and plagiarizing it until I can present it/publish it. It is being presented at the same conference in April, and, fingers crossed, being published shortly after.

sHaKeNbAkE

Okay having a great time with the CryEngine and learning something new each day. Here is a French countryside theme I'm working on now if I only could replace that weapon with a M1 or Thompson! [video=youtube_share;eIOH8ygQHj8]http://youtu.be/eIOH8ygQHj8[/video]

4 of my major papers are posted up here. The Polish-Soviet War one was presented as the Southwestern Social Science Association conference in New Orleans April of this year, and The Lost Destiny one is being presented at the same conference (this time being held in San Antonio) this coming April. I have another paper, on the origin of the mythos about the German army in 1939, but that one is on a sort of academic blockade in order to prevent anyone from seeing the research and plagiarizing it until I can present it/publish it. It is being presented at the same conference in April, and, fingers crossed, being published shortly after.

That's going to be some reading. Thank you!:D

Ts4EVER

Interesting stuff. I'm working on a history paper myself right now and if it was in English I might even have posted it now :D I'm analyzing a source in regards to the expectations the German population had for WW1 before it broke out. The spurce is a novel called "1906 - Der Untergang der alten Welt", which was published in 1905 and basically fought WW1 before it happened.
One thing I noticed is that the American universities seem to have some different standards for papers. For instance, if I handed in a paper with that much space between the lines the professor would probably think I was stretching it or something :D
Also, formulations like "Both would soon ahve to prve themselves on the Polish plains, and only one would come out on top." would probably be judged unscientific.

VonMudra

Yeah, that line (and paper) was written my senior year of undergrad, and def is not a representation of the academic writing I have progressed to. Also, the double spacing is considered standard for american universities, and even the majority of journals require it in double spacing. The point is to give room for the prof/editors/reviewers to insert their own comments and annotations for critique.

Roughbeak

My CE3 SDK terrain texture arsenal, about 81 textures (maybe a little too compulsive). I thought about renaming them to something more descriptive. But I memorized them, it hardly matters. :D

Last edited:

_Franky_

Really cool franky. Is that for a special project or portfolio work?

This was a portfolio piece based on an art test from Splash Damage. Was fun to do and it was an exercise in speed too, since I pretty much had none of those assets ready other than the sign model and the brick texture.

The whole thing took a little over 2 weeks and bits like this were made in less than half an hour with Photoshop and Ndo (not Ddo):

Status
Not open for further replies.