• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What is your PC graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad509

I remember desert combat taking nearly 5 min to load a single map. Using a single core amd Athlon 1.5 ghz cpu and the old nvidia 5200 and 512 mb of ram. In the end still totally worth it. :D

Roughbeak

In my old junky Win XP (yes i DO have a good computer now), it barely runs FH1. It take 5 min to gutfully load, then it releases the most beautiful lag ever in existence. :D

Last edited:

Skr13

What's the cheapest card that will run TW on ultra? :D

That depends on the monitor resolution, for example at 1080p, AMD R9 280X or Nvidia GTX 770 both provide excellent performance to play CryEngine 3 games at highest settings.
Of course lower graphics card models like R9 270X or GTX 760 could be enough for a reasonable gaming experience, by lowering AA filters. ;)

Skr13

Will a Nvidia Geforce Gt 650m run Tractionwars good? What are AA filters?

According to this site: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - NotebookCheck.net Tech you will be able to run Crysis 3 at medium settings, disabled AA on 1366x768 resolution, so Traction Wars shouldn't be much different. Keep in mind that with those settings you'll get around 30 fps, which is reasonable for CryEngine3.

About AA filters, there is an good explanation: TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide

Koenigstiger

Right now there is a HD6670 1GB in my machine, it's done well but my PC was die.

The CPU was anyway. decided to replace that and then I saw I needed a new MOBO for what I want and then it kind of went on from there and now considering replacing it all together so I plan on getting something much better than that GPU.

SOMETHING WITH DE POWAH

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Uhh, does a sizable rock count?
Anyways my first and current graphics card is Nvidia GT240

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
To upgrade anything I first need to get a job XD
And for me they are pretty expencive, will most likely buy a 2nd hand graphics card.

Skr13

To upgrade anything I first need to get a job XD
And for me they are pretty expencive, will most likely buy a 2nd hand graphics card.

yeah, GT240 is a really slow card, not even aimed for gaming purpose, besides it doesn't support DirectX 11.
There should be some interesting deals of used cards out there, right now I can't recommend anything below GTX 660 or HD 7870 to achieve overall smooth experience with current games at mid-high settings.

However, pairing a modern card with old system(mainly CPU), may lead to bottleneck, and performance increase could be null or even worse than before upgrade.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Looking into the GTX 780 for my build. Which means im incredibly jealous of [MENTION=1569]rabiskko[/MENTION] for his card ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
[MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION] well I can vouch for the 780GTX. It runs a certain game we have in common smooth as silk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.