• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What is your PC graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koenigstiger

That's what I did, I have a decent GPU so I upgraded my mobo, motherboard and Tower with some other little stuff

Also I'm considering upgrading to Windows 8, I heard it was less resource heavy but I'll have to look into that.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Awfull? Nah it's same as windows 7.
Only thing is the new start screen, wich is getting changed XD

Skr13

4GB?! That's a pretty serious bit of kit!

Surround / Eyefinity setup by any chance?

I have also GTX 770, but 2GB version.
4GB is not going to help GTX 770 at all, the GK104 Kepler GPU, is just mid-range, some bechmarks already proved that 2 or 4GB is not going to make any difference in performance.
The 256-bit on the GPU is the main reason that more than 2GB is not recommended, that's why 384-bit got 3GB and new Radeons featuring 512-bit have 4GB of VRAM.
Although, if it's a SLI setup, 4GB is more suitable because two or more GTX 770's have the enough "horsepower" to benefit the extra 2 GB of VRAM much more than if it's just 1 card.

So far I have been having the x2 6870's and they were decent, played almost everything because they were 2 of them, but my pocket has been itching since work has been good to me so I saw the XFX 290x dropped price at $450 and I ordered 2 of them + 3 rosewill 180mm fans red led, Crucial SSD 256gb, some fan screws and got bunch of freebies trough newegg.

I'm definatelly gonna take Saturday off from the gym so I can work on it, clean it up with compressor, disassemble and clean up the Corsair H100, add fresh paste to the CPU and OC to 4.0ghz perhaps? last time I checked I could of take it up to 4.2ghz with no voltage increase, guess I got from the good batch of I5-3570's.

If the website allows I can probably post some pics when I'm done with it

Alex

In a bit of a dilemma.

I'm looking to upgrade my PC for a better gaming experience this winter.
Pretty tight budget... Maximum of $400.

I don't know much about all of this, so I was wondering if you guys could help out.
I'm not sure what to look for nor the best places to look.

Want to have a very good visual experience while playing Traction Wars as well. ;)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 8

Skr13

In a bit of a dilemma.

I'm looking to upgrade my PC for a better gaming experience this winter.
Pretty tight budget... Maximum of $400.

I don't know much about all of this, so I was wondering if you guys could help out.
I'm not sure what to look for nor the best places to look.

Want to have a very good visual experience while playing Traction Wars as well. ;)

Well, according to that DirectX diagnostic tool and a fast internet search, I believe your PC is this: HP ENVY h8-1414 Desktop PC Product Specifications | Suporte HP®

The CPU, AMD FX-6120 is not too good for gaming these days, but still capable to do its job, and would be better if you overclock it(ignore this if you don't know what I'm talking about).
So, I would keep you current PC and just replace the graphics card(HD 7450) for something a bit faster and that wouldn't bottleneck because of CPU, something like, a used HD 7870, or a new R7 265 or R9 270, or used GTX 660.
I don't know what is the monitor resolution you use, but any of those cards are reasonable to perform with mid-high settings at 1080p in many modern games.
I wouldn't go higher with your current CPU, due bottleneck problem, that prevents the graphics card to operate at its full potential, being dependent on slow CPU.
So, I hope this can help you with your question.
BTW, If you install one of those graphics cards, you need to replace your power supply unit for a better one, but that's another talk. ;)

Skr13

I currently have a GTX 580. Looking to upgrade to a GTX 880 when they are eventually released.

Just a little update: Only at VC: NVIDIA to skip GeForce 800 series, GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970 mid-September | VideoCardz.com
We found(VideoCardz) that they will be called GTX 970 and 980, Nvidia will skip 800 series

Can't see why anyone would need anything above a 780 for many years, however I admire your forward thinking :p

Well, GTX 780 is a strong card at the moment, but in 2 years or even less, will be just a mid-range graphics card, even now, for 4K gaming, GTX 780 is simply inappropriate, too slow to keep up, at least with just one card, in SLI, they're capable to do more "damage" ;)

siben

I have an AMD radeon 5700 series. I should upgrade i think by end year. Dont know to what though
My CPU is intel core i7-2600 @ 3.4Ghz, 8MB that should still be fine.
I have 8GB DDR3 1333MHz dual channel RAM, maybe upgrade this also by end year to 12GB

The pc is more then 3 years old already, i hope i can use it for 2 more years but after that is it time for a new build.
Still runs super smooth, did a full format and reinstall not to long ago.
It runs Windows 8.1 pro with media centre.

I can play most games just fine on medium, but i would like to be able to play War Thunder tank combat on high settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.