• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What is your PC graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strayferret

Had to check the invoice of it... Oh snap, it was actually a 5770 (high five swaffy!)! Had it for 4 years apparently :D The good thing is that it will be even easier to find something better than it when its upgrade time :D @calgoblin do you think it will be enough if I sli a couple of the titanz?

thanks for the offer skr13. We shall see how the gfx market looks when its time... which I dont know is when :D

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Seems like that would be your best option tbh [MENTION=750]Strayferret[/MENTION]. Could quite easily run everything made in the future on that massive 16K screen I'm sure you're hiding away.

Kirby859

Running an MSI GTX770

shuttlelauncher

I know I am a little late to the party, but right now this is my card: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R927OC-2GD Radeon R9 270 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

I plan on getting this card though: Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-2768-KR GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

Would I be able to run that card, and this: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com

On a 750w PSU? I am not new to the computer world by any means, but it is hard to calculate how much a PSU can handle :/ And would that GTX 760 run TW and a few future games on ultra? I don't feel like spending the money on a 780, but I will to future-proof my pc to a certain extent.....

litchu

No, your cpu won't bottleneck any gpu.

I think this site is usefull for picking gpu's: AnandTech | Bench - GPU14

And I do agree that buying a 780 is an awefull lot of money, but if you have the money I ( personally and totally in my opinion ) would say go for a GTX 770.

shuttlelauncher

Alright, thanks again! Just wanted to make sure since it is a pretty powerful GPU. How much more would the EVGA 770 version be you think? I mean I really don't wanna spend a whole lot on an already 1,100 dollar computer 0_0

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I would certainly recommend EVGA to anyone. 760GTX I think retails for about 250 USD compared to 350 USD for the 770GTX. The 780 GTX is ~500 USD but you have to remember it's basically a Titan with less memory and a small down-clock.

All three are good cards but as I find with most things PC related it's always best to buy the best you can afford. You can always pick up a second cheaper to SLi in the future if you can't handle future games.

shuttlelauncher

That is true, I just do not feel like spending a fortune, but I also do not want to go off and spend mini fortunes either xD Thanks for the help guys.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Gamespot did an article about building a PC on a console budget to see if it's possible. It is, and it can outperform both Xbone & PS4: [video=gamespotpart2;6418829]http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can-we-build-a-gaming-pc-on-a-console-budget/1100-6418829/[/video]

shuttlelauncher

Lolz, I already built my PC, I just wanted to upgrade both my CPU: AMD-FX-4300 and my GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7850 2 GB Windforce. I just really did not want to spend the original cost of my pc on 3 parts (CPU, GPU, and Motherboard) :/

Skr13

Lolz, I already built my PC, I just wanted to upgrade both my CPU: AMD-FX-4300 and my GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7850 2 GB Windforce. I just really did not want to spend the original cost of my pc on 3 parts (CPU, GPU, and Motherboard) :/
Yes, but those 3 components are the most crucial when building a gaming PC.
Of course that monitor resolution is also important to this equation, as it doesn't make sense to buy a powerfull graphics card(R9 270X, GTX 760 or better) to play below 1080p. In fact, at lower resolutions, games are much more CPU dependant than GPU.
Like calgoblin says in the post above, it's indeed possible to build a reasonable gaming PC without spend fortunes, sadly people these days prefer notebooks, but then we heard some of them complaining about low performance and lag in newer games...
For me notebook is for downloads, films, music etc, but never for games, because those gaming notebooks cost a little too much IMO.

shuttlelauncher

I completely agree, and yes, they are the most crucial parts of a PC. I have a 1600X900 monitor (obviously above 720p) I just wanted something to play the newest games at the bare minimum of normal and possibly high. I could live with it being normal or low (For streaming purposes), but I wouldn't be extremely happy about it due to the amount of money that I would pay for the two components. I am just wondering, would the two components that I have chosen so far be sufficient enough to stream? I mean I played minecraft and tried to stream at twitch's required 720p and my processor was struggling ;-; I love it, but I just need something with a little more power to stream and record without lag :/ This may fall under some other topic and I am probably violating ten or twelve different forum rules, but I am just wondering because I am not too familiar with all of intel's line in products or Nvidia's other than their models. Thank you for your time!

*edit*: What I was thinking about doing was just upgrading my processor and motherboard first to these:
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130692

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116899

Could those two stream and record pretty well? I mean it is an Intel 4th-Gen i5. I just really don't think that nearly two-hundred and fifty dollars is worth spending for hyperthreading :/ Any other opinions?

Last edited:

Skr13

Well, I'm not expert on the stream thing, but that CPU and Board should be more than enough for your needs.
To be honest I'm not a fan of MSI, had some bad experience with their "quality" products and terrible RMA process.
Anyway, for gaming purpose 4670K with Z87 chipset board is a very nice combo, plus a decent graphics card like GTX 760 or 270X is perfect at your monitor's resolution.
Anything above(more expensive) that is just waste of money IMO.

Koenigstiger

I know I am a little late to the party, but right now this is my card: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R927OC-2GD Radeon R9 270 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

I plan on getting this card though: Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-2768-KR GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

Would I be able to run that card, and this: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com

On a 750w PSU? I am not new to the computer world by any means, but it is hard to calculate how much a PSU can handle :/ And would that GTX 760 run TW and a few future games on ultra? I don't feel like spending the money on a 780, but I will to future-proof my pc to a certain extent.....

You could just go to google and find a PSU calculator :p

But you also have to consider everything else you're putting into your machine.

shuttlelauncher

Thanks guys, I am still unsure now if I am even going to upgrade because I forgot I am going to have to buy a COMPLETELY new copy of windows since I used the OEM version ;-; I hate microsoft and their schemes. Even still, I still my upgrade my cpu to another AMD if I cannot afford another $100 -_-

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Meh, I bought 2 copies of windows (7 and 8) legitimately, and I can't be bothered to buy another one, so since my last disc got, well eaten (thanks dog...) I just went with the simplest method...

shuttlelauncher

I think I have finally figured out what I am going to do. Turns out, the GPU that I have right now is actually pretty decent (It should be for the 200 bucks I spent on it -_-) I just need to upgrade my CPU which I have decided to do with getting a intel Mobo and the i5 I linked to. The Motherboard is a gigabyte as well and is only $110 (A little more without the rebate). I will just keep using my graphics card because I can run most recent games on high with the card I have, its just my processor sucks :/

I am going to get (I know I am finally caving in and doing what I swore I would never do) Windows 8 instead of 7, because if I ever need to switch to another mobo, I can. With windows 8 OEM, you can switch it over to a new pc as long as it is only installed on one machine. I hate the microsoft tyrants and I much prefer Linux, but until all of my games and everything are supported, I have no choice but to fund the demons....

*edit* I posted the wrong link to my video card that I have. Here is the one I actually have: GIGABYTE GV-R785OC-2GD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.