• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Map Ideas Thread

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
To return to the original topic what battles in Normandy are people particularly hoping to see in Traction Wars? What makes you pick it over the many other operations carried out in the aftermath of D-Day?

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
lots of glider and paratrooper action, floating down into swamps if your unlucky, tangled in trees and have to cut your way down :)

how about the making of the temporary harbours, and supplying the troops?

litchu

What buildings?..

blurr22

I would like to see some urban style maps where you are fighting inside the confines of the city. You would be able to perform basic flanking maneuvers on the enemy while they still try and hold the main choke point (the streets between the buildings). This would also allow for a map with more cover making it harder to wipe out your enemies.

Roughbeak

This is just exactly what map I'm thinking when eventually I'll become a mapper for TW. ;)

Last edited:

Alex

I think a big urban town, will high hillsides over-looking it. So as infantry advance towards it, they can be supported by artillery fire from the rear. The town should be fought in districts, with key points like cafes or something.

Roughbeak

How can people do this, read my mind! :D

This exact map, I have been thinking about ever since I had the idea of becoming a dev for Traction Wars. ;)

Roughbeak

Apologies for double posts, BUT! :)

I do not want to think ahead too much, but was there battles in Rome or Athens, that you can roam the city filled with pillars and ancient pieces of architecture? :D

Way too epic to think about it.

VonMudra

Rome and Athens were both occupied without fighting. Rome did see some fighting before then though, when the Germans attacked the Italian garrison after Italy surrendered.

Roughbeak

Ok thanks. :)

If naval battles ever come in TW (I hope it does), I really want to see the Mauser HSC in the Kriegsmarine sidearm. :)

:D. I hope the Royal Navy comes to this game, Ive always wanted a game where there could be Naval forces, Ground forces, and Air forces all combined.