• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Hi I'm New Thread

Sydd

The issues with H&G are quite simple really... Faction favoring, not listening to what the community has to say and finally... faction elitists constantly fighting amongst eachother going X faction is op cause of whatever, the other guy goes, no z faction is op.

That is H&G forums in a nutshell. 90% of the people in the community think they are smarter than 75% of the community. I hated those forums...

Crackonosh

The issues with H&G are quite simple really... Faction favoring, not listening to what the community has to say and finally... faction elitists constantly fighting amongst eachother going X faction is op cause of whatever, the other guy goes, no z faction is op.

That is H&G forums in a nutshell. 90% of the people in the community think they are smarter than 75% of the community. I hated those forums...
Exactly, though I can't say Devs favor any faction.

Oh, and I made friends there.

Last edited:

Aniallator

Until you get to tier two, H&G is okay; soon as you get to tier two, though, maps are ravaged by tanks and wallet warriors, and the grind become awful. Plus, H&G's forum is the worst gaming forum I've ever seen.

BushElito

I'll stop caring abiut HnG once TW gets released and turns out good.

The grind there is fustrating, devs do weird decisions, they don't even know whats going on, music slider is broken and doesn't work and only recently they noticed, huge vet and new player gap.
And above all, devs don't know what the hell are they doing, they don't have a roadmap, and their communication is pretty ****.

I still go to their forums because I am used to TF2 players shitposting.

Crackonosh

I'll stop caring abiut HnG once TW gets released and turns out good.

The grind there is fustrating, devs do weird decisions, they don't even know whats going on, music slider is broken and doesn't work and only recently they noticed, huge vet and new player gap.
And above all, devs don't know what the hell are they doing, they don't have a roadmap, and their communication is pretty ****.

I still go to their forums because I am used to TF2 players shitposting.
Hey, they have a roadmap! Last actualization in 2013 :D

ItsJustCat

I guess this is a Good thread for a first post

Hey, Im ItsJustCat

Some people here may even know me allready, under the name of GermanSoldier, or varius other names including Cat.
also im actualy not even supprised to see familiar names and avatars here :laugh:

Im a WW2 Enthusiast, collector of WW2 German gear and Reenactor of Luftwaffe Felddivision, Fallschirmjäger and Wehrmacht Infantry and obviusly gamer, which is why this game looks pretty promising to me and i finaly decided after all the looking at this game to join the forum and give my 2 cents about some stuff.

Im mostly axis player but will most likely spend a lot of time as a Tommy here as i love weapons like the Enfield and the BREN

Sydd

Welcome to the forums German Sold... Its just ca... Nope, how about Soldier cat? I am envious of all the fun stuff you get to do. Either ways, I am fairly sure it will be interesting to listen to what you have to say, so I will be looking forward to it! ^^

Dante009

Hey, Im ItsJustCat

Some people here may even know me allready, under the name of GermanSoldier, or varius other names including Cat.
also im actualy not even supprised to see familiar names and avatars here :laugh:

Im a WW2 Enthusiast, collector of WW2 German gear and Reenactor of Luftwaffe Felddivision, Fallschirmjäger and Wehrmacht Infantry and obviusly gamer, which is why this game looks pretty promising to me and i finaly decided after all the looking at this game to join the forum and give my 2 cents about some stuff.

Im mostly axis player but will most likely spend a lot of time as a Tommy here as i love weapons like the Enfield and the BREN
Welcome! nice to have you here mate! :D

Killen

Hey, Im ItsJustCat

Damn you, i want the kar98k IRL :(

ItsJustCat

First, thanks for the nice welcome everyone :D

Damn you, i want the kar98k IRL :(

Thanks to German Weapon laws i only own one that is only able to fire wierd blanks

Never the less i got my shooting hands on a few realy nice real weapons Like:

Gewehr 43
Kar98k
M1903
Walther P38
Mg26(t)

And as i am a Kradmelder in my group (i even own a Bmw R71 rebuild 8)) i was designated to Mg crew with a friend so in a couple of months there is a great chance we will get an Mg53 (nearly the same as the mg42) 8)

Also special hi to Brahun Crackonosh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Killen

First, thanks for the nice welcome everyone :D

Thanks to German Weapon laws i only own one that is only able to fire wierd blanks

Never the less i got my shooting hands on a few realy nice real weapons Like:

Gewehr 43
Kar98k
M1903
Walther P38
Mg26(t)

And as i am a Kradmelder in my group (i even own a Bmw R71 rebuild 8)) i was designated to Mg crew with a friend so in a couple of months there is a great chance we will get an Mg53 (nearly the same as the mg42) 8)

Also special hi to Brahun Crackonosh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wooah man you are rich or something :)

Wilhelm

Hello tractioners! :D I believe some of you may know me already, though I somehow missed out this thread a year ago when I joinned these forums xD

Nevertheless, for those who don`t know me I am from Lithuania and yes, I have a germanic name in RL. As well I am a WW2 reenactor, so thats why I am interested in various WW2 projects online as well as militaria.

Feel free to contact me if anything!

Wishing you all patience for waiting and hope to see battles of wits!

Last edited:

mmiedzianyy

A little bit late welcoming but i think it's still nice to have it so.. Labas! :)

Ignore that i registered on the forums later.. :D

Esu21

Hello tractioners! :D I believe some of you may know me already, though I somehow missed out this thread a year ago when I joinned these forums xD

Hey,thats alright! I've been here since March and I haven't presented myself! Someday I'll do it... someday. Maybe never. Welcome anyway!

Spoiler:
Hello everybody! Im a Spanish high school student that loves cookies and history,specially 20th history and WW2! I've played many casual war games since I was like 12 and now I'd love to enter into the world of more tactical-like games.

Hoping to learn more ww2 history and tactics with you guys and maybe make some good friends and improve my English level ;)!

(Thats what I would have said in March to present myself,I guess xD)

DerJoachim

Nevertheless, for those who don`t know me I am from Lithuania and yes, I have a germanic name in RL. As well I am a WW2 reenactor, so thats why I am interested in various WW2 projects online as well as militaria.

Feel free to contact me if anything!

Wishing you all patience for waiting and hope to see battles of wits!

I will make sure Fontan get his ass on TS as soon Traction Wars come out, welcome kamerad.