• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Hi I'm New Thread

Sydd

Yay! New people! Welcome to the forums you guys, indeed so far there are no trolls or idiots around but who knows when that may change.... Eitherways, glad to have y'all aboard! :3

Aniallator

I've been keeping an eye out, and there's usually upwards of twenty unregistered guests on the forum, and we get a few new members every day. We're creeping towards the 3000 mark :D I need a new wallpaper!

When TW's say a month from release, the devs need to pump the news everywhere they can; IGN, Mod DB, Steam, et cetera, and arrange for YouTubers like Bluedrake42 and LevelCap to play some pre-release gameplay with the devs. Just publicize the **** of out TW just before release, so you've still got momentum when the game actually releases.

Last edited:

DerJoachim

I've been keeping an eye out, and there's usually upwards of twenty unregistered guests on the forum, and we get a few new members every day. We're creeping towards the 3000 mark :D I need a new wallpaper!

When TW's say a month from release, the devs need to pump the news everywhere they can; IGN, Mod DB, Steam, et cetera, and arrange for YouTubers like Bluedrake42 and LevelCap to play some pre-release gameplay with the devs. Just publicize the **** of out TW just before release, so you've still got momentum when the game actually releases.

Im not entirely sure if that is a good idea...you know what i mean.

[MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION]

Military speaking, you still call a female officer SIR. ;)

MaverickFM

Pathfinder Games

Dude. Are you after my job?!

Aniallator

Im not entirely sure if that is a good idea...you know what i mean.

@Sydd

Military speaking, you still call a female officer SIR. ;)

But... isn't it "ma'am"? Or is that Hollywood?

And no, I don't know what you mean. Doing a big media stunt just before release, the devs can get hundreds of thousands - perhaps millions (maybe that's too optimistic) - of players knowing about TW, and wanting to download it because it'll release in a few weeks.

mmiedzianyy

Oh snap! Ani, let me know if you would like me to dig a grave for you.
I bought a brand new Fiskars shovel, could be useful [MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION]!

Welcome [MENTION=3031]Winterset[/MENTION], [MENTION=3033]BushElito[/MENTION], have a nice stay and be active!

MaverickFM

Pathfinder Games

And no, I don't know what you mean.

Call me what you like, as long as it's not rude. Mav or Maverick is preferable though.

And sure you don't know what I mean ;) just remember to stop digging before you can't get out or you'll dig your own grave!

DerJoachim

And no, I don't know what you mean. Doing a big media stunt just before release, the devs can get hundreds of thousands - perhaps millions (maybe that's too optimistic) - of players knowing about TW, and wanting to download it because it'll release in a few weeks.

No its real life, you still call a "ma'am" sir (in my experience... you gotta be more scared of a female officer than a male one..just sayng), ofcourse that was a joke, Maverick being a dev is technically an "offcer" of a military based game, thats where the "Sir" gag come from.

Sorry i thought you knew where i was hitting the nail with my statement.

I meant that not necessarily a sudden BOOM of players is healthy for a game, expecially on day one, playerbase get killed pretty quick( speakin of other games experience, but i might be wrong in this case), a lot of people not able to join the server, and if the devs dont handle it well ( because lets face it, dealing with 2000 ppl at once for such a small team is already a big goal to achieve and maintain).

Things might get out of control with a bad words spread inbetween "comunities" of players.

Lets say i do want a lot of ppl playng the game, but in the long run.

Aniallator

No its real life, you still call a "ma'am" sir (in my experience... you gotta be more scared of a female officer than a male one..just sayng), ofcourse that was a joke, Maverick being a dev is technically an "offcer" of a military based game, thats where the "Sir" gag come from.

Sorry i thought you knew where i was hitting the nail with my statement.

I meant that note necessarily a sudden BOOM of players is healthy fora game, expecially on day one, playerbase get kileld pretty quick, a lot of people not able to join the server, and if the devs dont handle it well ( because lets face it, dealing with 2000 ppl at once for such a small team is already a big goal to achieve and maintain).

Things might get out of control with a bad words spread inbetween "comunities" of players.

Lets say i do want a lot of ppl playng the game, but in the long run.

Fair point, though I imagine that'll happen anyway. People will hear about this new free WW2 FPS on CRYENGINE called Traction Wars, and they'll want to play it. Doesn't matter if the game is super publicized or not, it'll happen, and not just during release. You make a fair point on overloading the servers during release, though there have been some suggestions (for example, clans pre-purchasing servers that activate upon release) that I imagine would help. Plus, because the devs don't want to release an unfinished game, I imagine they'll have some of that server stuff figured out and prepared for the onslaught of players :)

DerJoachim

Yes yes, i can already see that happen, alot of casuals trashing the game like barbarian hordes.

Honestly i dream of this game being played by a niche type of comunity, with quality players and discussions, in short words i prefer quality over quantity, but thats just me speaking from a player that want some quality time perspective.

I do understand offcourse, that for the sake of the dev Team glory, this game need to have thousands and thosuands of players beating the s*** out of eachothers on a daily basis.

For the day one servers onslaught.... every dev team try to be prepared as much as possible, truth is that you cant "simulate" what will happen on day one...and thats why usually 99% of online games on day one are a total mess :p

Last edited:

DerJoachim

IF you are referring to me, i stopped that **** 2 years ago and currently putting my faith on TW.

If you are referring to other noobies registering in recent weeks, yeah the "rats are jumping out the sinking ship", might be a long swim though, still 2 years to wait.