• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Great news! CryEngine is now pay what you want or you can pay 0$ which means it's free.

Previously CryEngine had subscription on Steam, now Steam version retired and you can get it here:

CRYENGINE | Crytek

This is good news because developers can now work for free without having to pay certain amount of money.

Simon

Oops double post, I don't know how that happened (it posted same post 2 times). But its an off topic discussion so I'm good :p

Last edited:

Simon

[MENTION=1432]Feldmeijer[/MENTION] were you playing SWAT 4 today ?

With people Simon, Bobby, Edwardo.... ? :p

Simon

I recently bought Verdun and I can't enjoy it because I get 1fps on low settings.

On some maps I got 60 then it dropped to 20 and then to 1fps (crashing my game and had to restart my PC)

Anyone has solution? I am probably buying new PC soon but maybe in 1 or 2 months. (My PC should be able to run it on atleast medium)

I looked up on Can You RUN It and everything is fine. @volcol I know you are a Verdun dev so maybe you have any idea whats going on?
I can play Red Orchestra 2 just fine on 40 fps and sometimes even 60

PC specs:
Processor = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
Graphics card = Nvidia GeForce GTX 750

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I would start by turning off water reflection and turning off AA. I think there's a bug with the water reflection at the moment and AA is a huge resource hog.

Simon

I would start by turning off water reflection and turning off AA. I think there's a bug with the water reflection at the moment and AA is a huge resource hog.

I played for about 1h30min until it got to 1fps again for some reason. I played with about 30-35 fps before it.

VonMudra

I'm sorry to say this, but that youtube channel is just....ok. I've watched a bunch of their videos, and while they sometimes have pretty good information, other times I just want to slap that guy. He's not a historian (he's an actor), so let's just get that clear, and he barely uses any sources in his work (yes, I know, he lists them), and those that he does use are mostly general histories or pop-histories. A lot of his broader information is therefore good, but when he gets into the details, or worse yet, gets into character studies, he stumbles hard and puts out mostly pop-mythos, or just flat out incorrect information.

FlyingR

Excellent Mudra! Thanks for the heads up!

Now! For a change of topic, I found this cool website where you can hear what music was played in most countries' radios from the 1900 to the present! It's actually ****ing cool.

Belgian Congo had good songs in in the 1950s :D

Radiooooo

Maybe you can check 1940's France and put some of the songs in a radio in-game?

Last edited:

drummer93

I'm sorry to say this, but that youtube channel is just....ok. I've watched a bunch of their videos, and while they sometimes have pretty good information, other times I just want to slap that guy. He's not a historian (he's an actor), so let's just get that clear, and he barely uses any sources in his work (yes, I know, he lists them), and those that he does use are mostly general histories or pop-histories. A lot of his broader information is therefore good, but when he gets into the details, or worse yet, gets into character studies, he stumbles hard and puts out mostly pop-mythos, or just flat out incorrect information.

True, he is an actor and a writer. I searched about the work involved in this project and was a surprise to me know that the team is very very small. I understand what you say, and I understand your rejection. Thanks for the advice.

In other hand, the format of the serie is extremely interesting. Maybe with better historical advisors could be excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.