• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What games are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

[MENTION=116]Sir Apple[/MENTION]
Ah yes, the glorious Combat series.
Checkmate King 2 this is White Rook, over. :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Red Orchestra II, Rising Storm, Heroes and Generals, Battlefield 4, and some other old WW2 games.

Welcome to the community Alex :)

Out of interest how are you finding BF4? I enjoyed BF3 but I wonder if there's much added?

Alex

Welcome to the community Alex :)

Out of interest how are you finding BF4? I enjoyed BF3 but I wonder if there's much added?
Thank you!
Anyways, Battlefield 4 seems a bit more appealing to run and gun players from games such as Call of Duty. I used to play BF3 as well, but Battlefield 4 just doesn't seem like "Battlefield" anymore.

Alex

Yea, heard about this game from there, and boy I'm hyped about this.
Heroes and Generals seems to be taking a bad direction, and at times makes me want to rip out my throat. :rolleyes:

Sir Apple

@Sir Apple
Ah yes, the glorious Combat series.
Checkmate King 2 this is White Rook, over. :)

Ah yes! I have the entire series collection on DVD.

And on topic, I just finished the new Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea DLC..... its EPIC. Other then that I'm still playing BF4 every few days.

Last edited:

Alex

Ah yes! I have the entire series collection on DVD.

And on topic, I just finished the new Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea DLC..... its EPIC.
Before I go even further off topic, I'd like to say I have the entire series collection on DVD as well. I tend to like the four years of black and white rather than the color.

On Topic: I just got back from a match on Company of Heroes.

Sir Apple

Before I go even further off topic, I'd like to say I have the entire series collection on DVD as well. I tend to like the four years of black and white rather than the color.

On Topic: I just got back from a match on Company of Heroes.

Yep I agree. Some of the color episodes are pretty cool, but its often said that changing the show to color was a poor choice and is one of the things that killed the show in the end. Ironically, the show that replaced Combat only lasted 1 season and then was cancelled... stupid TV executives. It bothers me that Combat never had a real strong ending to the series, we never got to see them go home or anything.

On topic: I have nothing on topic to discuss.

Alex

Yep I agree. Some of the color episodes are pretty cool, but its often said that changing the show to color was a poor choice and is one of the things that killed the show in the end. Ironically, the show that replaced Combat only lasted 1 season and then was cancelled... stupid TV executives. It bothers me that Combat never had a real strong ending to the series, we never got to see them go home or anything.

On topic: I have nothing on topic to discuss.
Well one of the most popular episodes was in two parts. It was called "Hills are for Heroes", but of course, the Germans defend the hill with Brownings. :|

Sir Apple

Yeah, great episodes. I personally don't care so much about accuracy in the show, its not about that, its about much more.

Alex

Yeah, great episodes. I personally don't care so much about accuracy in the show, its not about that, its about much more.
Same here, I really enjoyed the series. The characters were good, and you could have a real connection with them, and understand some of the stresses and demands that they are portraying.
Otherwise, for series like Rat Patrol on the other hand... come on, it's just too silly... :rolleyes:

Feldmeijer

Right now I am totally addicted to Napoleon Total War. (Yea.... I'm so poor that I wasn't able to buy it on it's release.)

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's a good game. I'm enjoying Rome II: Total War at the moment (although only in small chunks - I find it gets very repetitive if you play for more than an hour).

Dug out Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars the other night for half an hour just for fun. It's just as crazy as I remember.

blurr22

Rome 2 is a great game. I have it and play it a bit each week. My graphics card isnt the best but can run it. I like the fact that arrows actually do damage and show up.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The blood and gore DLC is a nice touch I thought. I wonder if that's their way around German gaming laws?

Any Germans here tried buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.