• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What games are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr22

I've beeen getting into War Thunder and CS:GO again after taking a break. Lots of changes to War THunder, some for good, some for worse. Either way, still a great game.

Chiang Kai-shek

Yes, I agree war thunder has it spot on. You can pay for decals or to rank up faster but other than that its all depends on how you fly.

volcol

H&G is the most pay to win game I've ever had the chance to play. Purchase bullets, barrels, bolts and triggers all designed to give you the edge over other players - I loathed it. For example - shooting someone at 400m twice - lining up a third and then getting one shoted because he (or she) had paid for better ammo, it was painful at times. Also - it advertised itself a good bit as an mmorpg - imo 10 vs 10 servers don't really count as mmorpg (yes I know the servers held more - but rarely did I see a full one)

War Thunder, feels similar - as when I played it - it was just crawling with people purchasing the best air craft they could - felt very unbalanced and I had some poor experiences with the community also :( Also - I've played much better flight sims.

Whilst both are exceptionally pretty, I rate neither too high so far as gameplay goes, nothing spectacular from either. If you need closure I'd prefer to play war thunder but would likely not pick up either ever again :)

Anyway, all opinion and that jazz

volcol

All that being said, played neither for a while now and won't be doing so anytime soon. Currently playing dishonored which is a great game - could've been so much more though :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I've also been giving War Thunder a go lately. I must say having played it pre-1.37 and post the pay-to-win aspect has been damatically reduced by the new match making system which takes account of the aircraft performance and the player performance to sort players onto servers.

Having said that I still get a wee bit frustrated by "Ace" premium players sniping my pilot out with a fully upgraded Yak from 1.5km away...

Sir Apple

There are some heavy Russian bias in the game. Having said that, if you don't play arcade style a lot of that BS is eliminated as the planes perform more identical to the real thing.

The key to survival is learning how to play as your nation and utilize the strengths of the planes you are flying.

Roughbeak

It's kind of sad, but the only reason I play WT is to fly in test flights, and I'm finding that it is extremely similar to CryENGINE.

If done right, TW could be similar in graphics wise to War Thunder.

Funny you say there's Russian bias, aside from the I-151 and the I-16 I can't get very far with Russia. Meanwhile, I can do at least a little damage with every plane on the US and British. Japan feels cheap but speedy, kind of fun actually. I'm as awful with German aviation as Russian.

Sir Apple

I'm just sick and tired of the Yak's (although they have been nerfed a bit). I play as US and do quite well with the fighters (after getting past the crappy lower tier planes). Most planes, especially Japanese, are no match for 6-8 .50Cal's reigning down on them :)

Last edited:

chad509

Playing BF4 for the pc. Its pretty fun online but I am just awful at it. These people have reaction time that just blows me away.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
FC3 is a brilliant game. I would recommend not rushing it though - once the game is over the side missions aren't half as fun to go back and do ;)

Sir Apple

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] and I squaded up tonight and played War Thunder for over two hours. Epic times were had. We had some amazingly good games.

litchu

I've never actually tried playing War Thunder with other people I know, I guess it's pretty awesome and usefull

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I played that briefly on PS4 over the holidays. It seemed pretty good, even if controlling the whole plane with just the left analog stick for some strange reason was insanely inaccurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.