• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

Yeah, it's to counteract the recoil. Something that top heavy would kick back enough to pull the legs off the ground. If possible, they did use sandbags and such too to hold the front leg down, however in this case, this seems to be the better, if awkward looking, option.

siben

My guess would be that considering this is a demonstration for the common civilians that they added some comedy to it. Hence this position, but when in the field and you need to hurry up then this would also work. although i doubdt that he will hang there for long with all that hot brass falling on him.

1-3FrenchATGb_zps8598f07e.jpg

French AT position.

drummer93

American soldiers in a trench under a M10 Wolverine tank hunter. Marigny, Normandy. July 26, 1944.

zeea

Lyudmila Pavlichenko - the most successful female sniper in history who by the end of the war, had killed a confirmed 309 Germans

LazMan12

Steyr M95 carbines. Probably chosen due to their short length, but they pack a hell of a kick.

You're right, they do look like Mannlicher carbines and yes, I don't think they are appropriate for those boys, the K98k and even the Mosin have a more mild recoil :laugh:

siben

To tell you the truth i am more thinking that it are .22 trainers, they seem way to young and small to shoot full cartridge carbines.

Feldmeijer

Well, I didn't mean they should have been given a different rifle, but just tried to illustrate the notoriously powerful kick of the M95/30. They are too young for any of those rifles...

Even if they grow older they shouldn't be holding any guns whatsoever.

Sydd

Kriegsmarine-battleship-KMS-Bismarck-taken-from-Prinz-Eugen-02.jpg
The mighty KMS- Bismarck, German battleship. This image was taken from the Prinz Eugen. I don't know what is it with german construction and german engineering. Everything they had in their arsenal fascinated me, probably why I like the axis faction. Beautiful and elegant she is isn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.